Photo
- - - - -

Yahoo contributor Jonathan Wagner on Nicks.

Hakeem Nicks Jonathan Wagner Yahoo Sports Carolina Panthers 2014 free agency

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#61 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

He scored zero touchdowns, the team had not won more than 2 games in a row all year, and he was supposedly missing team meetings. It's not a smart move. The smart move would have been to say "I'm concerned with where our team is at right now, not myself".

Team had time to sign him to an extension, maybe he feels like it was them who turned their backs on him first.

#62 buzzcity

buzzcity

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

Tanked this year? Who does that in a contract year? Who does that at all? Nicks is finished. Signing him for anything more than peanuts would be a mistake

#63 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

Tanked this year? Who does that in a contract year? Who does that at all? Nicks is finished. Signing him for anything more than peanuts would be a mistake

That's a well put together thought. Bravo!

#64 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

We're gonna be hearing a lot of Nicks to the Panthers talk in the next 8 weeks. Much like last year's Mike Wallace to Panthers talk, it's just not gonna happen.

This is nothing like Mike Wallace talk. This is actually realistic.

#65 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

I don't understand how anyone can talk about and acknowledge him not giving full effort, yet still want him to join our team. That's a mindset and culture that we've been trying to change with this franchise for years now.

Smitty laid down in 2010, how is that different?

#66 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

This is nothing like Mike Wallace talk. This is actually realistic.

Because he's from Charlotte? yeah, maybe. But if we can't afford to pay Hardy, we won't be able to afford Nicks.

#67 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,448 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

Smitty laid down in 2010, how is that different?

Are you kidding me?

#68 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

Are you kidding me?

2010 Season
2010 was Smith's worst season as a starter since 2002. Although he led the team in both receptions and receiving yards, he only managed 46 catches for 554 yards. In addition, he only caught two touchdown passes, 1 fewer than rookie David Gettis. Smith's low numbers were due to the total lack of team offense behind rookie quarterback Jimmy Clausen. The Panthers finished last in most offensive categories and with a 2–14 record, which was the worst in the 2010 season, securing the 1st overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. Smith's dissatisfaction led to widespread rumors amongst the Panther's fan base that the star receiver wanted to be traded from the team for the 2011 season.

http://en.m.wikipedi...iver,_born_1979)

#69 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,448 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

2010 Season
2010 was Smith's worst season as a starter since 2002. Although he led the team in both receptions and receiving yards, he only managed 46 catches for 554 yards. In addition, he only caught two touchdown passes, 1 fewer than rookie David Gettis. Smith's low numbers were due to the total lack of team offense behind rookie quarterback Jimmy Clausen. The Panthers finished last in most offensive categories and with a 2–14 record, which was the worst in the 2010 season, securing the 1st overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. Smith's dissatisfaction led to widespread rumors amongst the Panther's fan base that the star receiver wanted to be traded from the team for the 2011 season.

http://en.m.wikipedi...iver,_born_1979)

I don't even know where to begin with this.....

Why are you citing Wikipedia. Were you not watching the Panthers in 2010? I was, the whole team was awful. Jimmy fugin Clausen man....

#70 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,221 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

i couldve thrown darts at a board and put together a better draft class than Hurney's '010 one

#71 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

I don't even know where to begin with this.....

Why are you citing Wikipedia. Were you not watching the Panthers in 2010? I was, the whole team was awful. Jimmy fugin Clausen man....

And the whole giants team wasn't terrible this year?

#72 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,221 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

lol at morphing "late to team meetings" with "didnt show up for teams, doesnt care, im cool and contrarian by thinking so."

especially under coughlin's notorious youre not on time if youre not 15 minutes early rule.

#73 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,448 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

And the whole giants team wasn't terrible this year?

Ehhhh, I don't like this comparison. I'm gonna call this a reach. Giants still had lot of talent, we purged our roster in 2010.

#74 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Ehhhh, I don't like this comparison. I'm gonna call this a reach. Giants still had lot of talent, we purged our roster in 2010.

What player on the giants can you say had a great year?

#75 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,448 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

What player on the giants can you say had a great year?

You know damn well those two teams don't compare. Eli Manning has won two superbowls, and he has Victor Cruz. We had Clausen.

Don't quote me if you are going to use such a blatantly asinine argument to attempt to prove a flawed point.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hakeem Nicks, Jonathan Wagner, Yahoo Sports, Carolina Panthers, 2014 free agency

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com