Photo
- - - - -

Roy Hibbert, Paul Millsap, Joe Johnson (lol), and Joakim Noah Make All-Star Game Ahead of Al Jefferson

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,289 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

STRAIGHT GARBAGE.

#2 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

I've watched a lot of NBA league pass this year and I honestly have no issues with those guys making the all star game before Al.

#3 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

I take more offense that Chris Bosh made it over Al.

#4 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

Chris bosh is an unquestioned all star this year. To say Al deserves it over bosh is straight extreme homer bias.

#5 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

Does anyone realize Jefferson is the highest scoring center in the East?

#6 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

Center talent is down in the nba... But given the lack of overall offensive threats on our team Jefferson numbers are inflated. On most other playoff teams he would not put up these stats...

Personally I would take Johnson off and add lance or lowery.

#7 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,289 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

I've watched a lot of NBA league pass this year and I honestly have no issues with those guys making the all star game before Al.

Typically I wouldn't argue them either, but they are in there as a result of their market and/or team popularity if it isn't a big market...

Joe Johnson does NOT deserve to be in there. Dude is averaging 15 ppg and his team sucked until January.

Paul Millsap... smh. Good player, but at best, compare his numbers to Al's and it's a wash. Market wins.

Noah, I like his game... I didnt want to include his name, but still, looking at the numbers, it's questionable. But, he plays for Chicago - market wins.

Roy Hibbert, pedestrian numbers. Indy is the hot team and people want to make their players better than they actually are because of how much they win. It's a team full of solid players with the exception of George. He did not deserve the nod over a guy who has completely carried a team and has them in contention for a playoff spot that they wouldn't be playing for if it wasn't for him.

Al got snubbed because he plays for Charlotte and we're still viewed as a punchline.

#8 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,289 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

Meanwhile, fans show how retarded they are... "all-star" Kyrie Irving is leading his Cavs to an incredible 20+ point deficit to the Knicks in the 2nd quarter of a nationally televised game. I think fan voting should be revoked as well.

#9 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

First of all this is the epitome of a joke. Stephenson didn't make it. Kyle Lowry didn't make it. Al Jefferson didn't make it. But effin joe Johnson and detozan made it. Dear god.
Also Anthony Davis didn't make it. All star game is a complete joke.

#10 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

I agree about Irving and fan voting...

I agree about Johnson not making it (yes the nets did have a hot month lead by Johnson) but it would be lowery and lance I replace him with not Al...

Noah and Paul gets in because of team success and not market. They are on teams where their top player is out and the supporting cast really isn't that much better than ours, but they are leading their teams to above .500 records while we are still 7 games under .500. If Al had us above .500 then he would be in.

#11 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

Anthony Davis may still make it as the Kobe replacement... Though I would prefer to see dragic get the last spot... What he's doing out west with Bledsoe sidelined is deserving... I give him an edge personally.

The only player you can argue off is dirk and he's having a solid year and is carrying that team to W's. It's hard out west..

#12 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,289 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

I agree about Irving and fan voting...

I agree about Johnson not making it (yes the nets did have a hot month lead by Johnson) but it would be lowery and lance I replace him with not Al...

Noah and Paul gets in because of team success and not market. They are on teams where their top player is out and the supporting cast really isn't that much better than ours, but they are leading their teams to above .500 records while we are still 7 games under .500. If Al had us above .500 then he would be in.

I agree about the winning, but I cant look at Hibbert and say he is a big reason they win and his stats arent great either.

Noah has a good all-around game, but is he the reason they are winning? Some nights he has very little to do with it and just makes hustle plays... then some nights he grits them into a position to win, but is he the reason? Both of those teams have really good starting fives that collectively win. I feel like they got the spots for being on winning teams rather than being so good that they led their teams to win.

Al has had a direct effect on our win total AND is putting up bigger numbers across the board than both of them. When I was a kid, it was stats that usually pushed a player into an all-star spot, regardless of their team performance. If a player is good, they are good, and typically they carry their team to wins they wouldn't have otherwise. That is Al. I can't say that for some of the guys that made it.

I'm trying to view this as objectively as possible, but it just seems ridiculous. All we can hope for is a winning team at the break next season so Al finally gets his due.

#13 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

I agree about the winning, but I cant look at Hibbert and say he is a big reason they win and his stats arent great either.

Noah has a good all-around game, but is he the reason they are winning? Some nights he has very little to do with it and just makes hustle plays... then some nights he grits them into a position to win, but is he the reason? Both of those teams have really good starting fives that collectively win. I feel like they got the spots for being on winning teams rather than being so good that they led their teams to win.

Al has had a direct effect on our win total AND is putting up bigger numbers across the board than both of them. When I was a kid, it was stats that usually pushed a player into an all-star spot, regardless of their team performance. If a player is good, they are good, and typically they carry their team to wins they wouldn't have otherwise. That is Al. I can't say that for some of the guys that made it.

I'm trying to view this as objectively as possible, but it just seems ridiculous. All we can hope for is a winning team at the break next season so Al finally gets his due.

I see where you are coming from I think it just comes down to personal preference. I just don;t look at the hawks and bulls and see a great all around team with loads of talent... For me personally it's hard to say a team is top in a conference above .500 and have zero all stars but a team well below .500 does. For me I'm usually going to give the edge to the player on the much better team because I am going to assume they are part of the reason for that. The only exception is if you have a true bonafide All-Star on a below average team... Like Melo who is 2nd in PPG this season.   

#14 Implied Volatility

Implied Volatility

Evil Speculator

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

The Bobcats have one less win at the break than they had all of last season. And they're in contention for the playoffs. Al is a very big reason for that. He is the focal point of defenses on a nightly basis. That is a very hard task to face on a team with limited weapons. But does Al get any credit for steamrolling defenses and keeping his injury-hit team in the playoff hunt? Nope!!!

#15 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,517 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

Center talent is down in the nba... But given the lack of overall offensive threats on our team Jefferson numbers are inflated. On most other playoff teams he would not put up these stats...

Personally I would take Johnson off and add lance or lowery.

Jefferson averaged 23 points per game on a team with Kevin Love.. I highly doubt his stats are inflated because of the talent on the roster. I would buy that argument if he was averaging 28 points per game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users