#16 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

It's an interesting conversation.

My nature I believe I am a fighter, but who can really say what they want until they are in such a situation (TeeRay's example).

In the end, who are we to judge? 

#17 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

If I'm fortunate to live to be elderly I plan to take care of it myself. I'd rather overdose on pills or jump off a cliff then wear diapers and live in a nursing home. 

#18 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,768 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

Do you have kids/grandkids?

#19 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

Do you have kids/grandkids?

yep

I'd rather leave him money then spend it all trying to live a longer unhappy existence. 

#20 SmokinwithWilly

SmokinwithWilly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

I've been through watching 2 very painful deaths. The one that sticks in my head the most was my grandmother. A couple of weeks before she died, she was put into a medically induced coma because the pain was so terrible that when she was awake, all she did was scream. There was nothing that could be done. She was kept alive by machine until her body gave out. No one deserves that. I have no idea what she felt or was aware of while in the coma, but I still remember her telling me while still conscious to make it stop. There are situations where it really is mercy for the one who is passing as well as for the family.

#21 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

It's a complex and emotional decision that should be left in the hands of the relatives and health care professionals, not the government.

#22 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

It's a complex and emotional decision that should be left in the hands of the relatives and health care professionals, not the government.

Yes, because to you and CWG the only thing the gov't should do is financially support people for their lives.

#23 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

Yes, because to you and CWG the only thing the gov't should do is financially support people for their lives.

Again, I was against bailing out your industry.

#24 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,106 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Your usual 2 cents that's not worth half that.

Just. Go. Away.

#25 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

It would be so much cooler if we let the children of drug addicts and the mentally ill starve so I could save a few bucks a year.

I mean, hell with'em I needs me a bigger t.v.

Jackass.

#26 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,333 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

If a terminally ill adult of sound mind wants to go this route then for the life of me I cannot understand why they are not legally allowed to receive the assistance.  I feel that anybody who would tell someone "no, you have to suffer a long and painful death," is cruel and needs to mind their own business.

Hell, we put our cats and dogs to sleep to ease their suffering when their time has come.  Why do they get this humane treatment while our loved ones have to suffer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com