Photo
- - - - -

Jesus and Religions Broken Down to Supreme Math & Photos

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#11 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

tons of evidence Christianity existed before 325 AD, so... can't really swallow this.

fwiw, I think a lot of the reasons you have overlap in ancient religions is not just the trading of ideas but the generally shared experiences of early human cultures.  things like flood myths make a lot more sense when you realize that most early civilizations were built on fuging flood plains.

Yes, Christianity was definitely around long before 325AD. Now there were a ton of different versions that varied rather dramatically but still they all believed in Jesus. Most didn't believe in the trinity.

Fun note: Some of the earliest church fathers Clement of Rome and Tertullian, some of the earliest sources for Christian authenticity of certain biblical cannons and beliefs believed the Phoenix really existed.

Yes the Pheonix

Phoenix_bird_%281%29.jpg

Let us consider that wonderful sign that takes place in eastern lands-that is, in Arabia and the countries around it. There is a certain bird that is called the phoenix. There is only one of its kind and it lives for 500 years. When the time of its dissolution draws near for it to die, it builds itself a nest of frankincence, myrrh, and other spices. When the time has come, it enters into the nest and dies. But as the flesh decays, a certain kind of worm is produced, which, being nourished by the essence of the dead bird, produces feathers" - Clement of Rome

"Take a most complete and unassailable symbol of our hope...I refer to the bird that is peculiar to the East. It is famous for its singularity, and is marvolous for its posthumous life. For it renews a life in a voluntary death. Its dying day is its birthday. For on that day, it departs and returns-once more a phoenix where just now there was none...Must men die once for all time while birds in Arabia are sure of a resurrection?" - Tertullian.

#12 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The Yumbo of the Huddle

HUDDLER

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

I would post a response but the amount of "hate prayers" that would shoot my way will definitely put me on the "red-goat man" list.

I will not have my invisible being float to be tourtued by a TV playing only "Patch Adams", The Bachelor and Pitt Bull live concert videos....otherwise known as my personal Hell!

#13 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

One of the coolest myths to me about the Council of Nicaea was Arius... He was exiled afterwards for his beliefs that opposed Constantine's desire for Christianity to be...

Basically, he questioned how Jesus could be the son of God and the same entity as God at the same time. Pretty much that Jesus was God the lesser, not God the greater, arguing against the holy trinity being manifestations of the same being.

One day after his exile, he pretty much poo out his guts while strolling about town... like, literally poo his innards out of his asshole... intestines, etc...

His detractors, of course, attributed it to his heretical teachings...

Most likely, he was poisoned by someone who wanted to silence his opinions...

498387_600.jpg

#14 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

HUDDLER

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

Yeah Trinity doctrine was not agreed on also many Christians believed the God of thr old Testament was a completely different god. Gnostic gospels are a fun read.

#15 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The Yumbo of the Huddle

HUDDLER

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

Poohed out his intestines?! Wow the worst thing now is being dismissed in the Huddle and getting neg rep.

I am glad some of us have evolved...

#16 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

HUDDLER

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

the council of nicea part is a little hard to swallow

tons of evidence Christianity existed before 325 AD, so... can't really swallow this.

fwiw, I think a lot of the reasons you have overlap in ancient religions is not just the trading of ideas but the generally shared experiences of early human cultures.  things like flood myths make a lot more sense when you realize that most early civilizations were built on fuging flood plains.

Yeah, I feel rather foolish now.

Read the OP.

Accepted the information on faith without any effort to compare it to verifiable historic or scientific evidence.

#17 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

HUDDLER

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yeah, I feel rather foolish now.

Read the OP.

Accepted the information on faith without any effort to compare it to verifiable historic or scientific evidence.

you'd make a great fundamentalist christian!