Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fox has its Fantastic Four

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Fox recently cleared some prime summer 2015 real estate for its reboot of Marvel’s Fantastic Four, now it appears to have its actors. After a long search — Chronicle‘s Josh Trank was announced as the director at the 2012 Comic-Con — Fruitvale Station breakout Michael B. Jordan, Miles Teller (Divergent), Kate Mara (Transcendence) and Jamie Bell (Nymphomaniac) are working on deals to star as the ’60s-spawned superhero quartet

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/fox-has-its-fantastic-four-for-superhero-reboot/

Wasn't what I was expecting cast wise, I guess they're going with a younger FF4 team.

Posted · Report post

Bomb written all over this. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It's going to be based off Ultimate FF which I personally love. I personally think that the cast for it looks fine as well.

Posted · Report post

It's going to be based off Ultimate FF which I personally love. I personally think that the cast for it looks fine as well.

I'm not familiar with that, but how are the Storm's going to be a black guy and a white chick?

Posted · Report post

I know nothing of Jamie Bell, but the cast is great IMO

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm not familiar with that, but how are the Storm's going to be a black guy and a white chick?

I'm not all that familiar with the ultimate FF4 but I would imagine they would explain it by having Johnny Storm being an adopted sibling.

Posted · Report post

At first take, I wasn't thrilled with the casting for the FF members. Then I thought about the other two movies and I figured it can't be worse so why not give it a shot. 

Posted · Report post

That's not from the comics so I honestly have no idea. I like Kate Mara and Michael B. Jordan will make an awesome Human Torch so I'm just going to let it slide. Part of me wishes they just would have cast a black actress as Sue though.

If they go straight up Ultimate FF I'm interested to see who'll they'll cast as a young Dr. Doom and who they'll cast as Mole Man. Victor Von Doom would basically just be a cameo in this movie because he goes missing after the accident that gives them powers but Mole Man would be a large part as he's the first villain the Ultimate FF faced.  If Fox plays their cards right they'll have a franchise on their hands. They have a very talented director, a talented cast, and some great source material to draw from.

Posted · Report post

I know nothing of Jamie Bell, but the cast is great IMO

Best member of the cast, from what I see. Jamie Bell is Billy Elliot, the voice and motion-capture actor for TinTin and an all around underrated actor. Glad to see he's getting some big budget leading roles.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yeah. Bomb.

Posted · Report post

Yeah. Bomb.

Man, now you're doing spoilers of movies that haven't even come out yet? :)

Posted · Report post

Man, now you're doing spoilers of movies that haven't even come out yet? :)

Touché lol
1 person likes this