Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on Martavis Bryant?

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Big Clemson fan here and the guy is a project.  Great, great speed and height.  Needs to put on some weight to fill out his frame.  Has a lot of mental lapses.  For every big, great play he'd make he'd drop 1 and disappear for a 1/3 of the game.  

Poor man's Stephen Hill is a good comparison.  

I think he is better than Hill. I never saw Hill make the kind of catches Bryant has when he was "on".

Posted

Poor Man's Stephen Hill? Wait THE Stephen Hill? LMAO

Posted

I've been talking about Bryant for a couple weeks. He's certainly a boom or bust prospect, but I'd be hard pressed to find a WR with the height to speed ratio Bryant has. He probably would've benifitted from another year at Clemson but I can understand leaving when you lose your starting QB. I fully expect him to go in the 2nd round.

Posted

If he runs a high 4.2 and looks good in drills, he'll sky rocket into the second round just on potential alone. 

Posted

If he runs a high 4.2 and looks good in drills, he'll sky rocket into the second round just on potential alone. 

I don't know where this came from but Bryant ain't running no 4.2. I would probably look for 4.4 -4.5

Posted

I don't know where this came from but Bryant ain't running no 4.2. I would probably look for 4.4 -4.5

He ran under a 4.3 at Clemson last year and was one of the fastest players on the team up there with Watkins. He could easily run a 4.27/4.28. He's pretty comparable to Watkins speed wise and I'd honestly be shocked if he ran a 4.5. 

Posted

He ran under a 4.3 at Clemson last year and was one of the fastest players on the team up there with Watkins. He could easily run a 4.27/4.28. He's pretty comparable to Watkins speed wise and I'd honestly be shocked if he ran a 4.5. 

we won't have to wait too long to find out.

Posted

Huge Clemson fan here. I'll reiterate other people's thoughts. Great size, elite speed, and good hands. He has been the fastest kid at Clemson(including Watkins) the past 3 years. My biggest issue is his production. He's played in a pass happy offense and had Watkins on the other side of him all year and still struggled to make plays. All last offseason we heard he was lights out in practice and was going to be a star this year but it just never came to fruition. I love him as an athlete but not as a football player. I think he really could've helped his stock by staying in school one more year. I'd be willing to spend a 4th/5th if our coaches think they can coach through his learning curve.

1 person likes this

Posted

we won't have to wait too long to find out.

Do you think Watkins is going to run a 4.5? The only reason I ask is because Bryant is just as fast if not faster then Watkins. 

Posted

Do you think Watkins is going to run a 4.5? The only reason I ask is because Bryant is just as fast if not faster then Watkins. 

I think Watkins will run 4.3 - 4.4 range . I think he is faster than Bryant. The good thing is we do not have to wait long to find out.Watkins is quick off the bat, bryant a long strider who is fast on the top end.

Posted

I think Watkins will run 4.3 - 4.4 range . I think he is faster than Bryant. The good thing is we do not have to wait long to find out.Watkins is quick off the bat, bryant a long strider who is fast on the top end.

Yes we will. I wish the NFL would use FAT and actually release the data. Most of these guys aren't this faSt. A NFL combine 4.28 is really a 4.49-4.51. I'll use an example that shows how bad the combine watches are in showing an actual time. They won't though because it would hurt the players feelings. lol. You add .21-.24 to every time you see to get a more accurate 40ty time. 

Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.63 at the Combine, if you used correct timing his actual 40ty would be a 4.87.

Posted

He came out a year too early imo.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't take a flier on him in the 4th/5th but it's hard to gauge his curve.