Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers very interested in OT Brandon Thomas

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Who's saying he's shooting up the rankings?  Maybe the Panthers are very interested in him in the 5th or 6th round.

The panthers did reach for kugbilla though. So if he's projected 5th or 6th. I'm worried the panthers may reach.

Posted

The panthers did reach for kugbilla though. So if he's projected 5th or 6th. I'm worried the panthers may reach.

A reach by what standard? Preliminary? Kugbila hasn't even played a down in a regular season game yet. Draft discussions are over. Now it is about production. He could end up as anything from a bust to a hall of famer at this point. No one has a clue.

I wouldn't worry about "reaching." Gettleman has already stressed that his tactic is BPA. Plus I would rather take a chance on a reach in the 4th than in Rounds 1-3.

1 person likes this

Posted

lol aren't you one of the posters who viciously attacked anyone who liked arguably the best WR prospect in last year's class in keenan allen because his 40 time was "slow"...?

Viciously attacked? LOL!!!

Did I have serious concerns after he ran a time most TEs would be disappointed in? Absolutely!

I didn't want him in the 2nd because of it and told everyone there was no way he'd go in the 2nd. He didn't. If the draft was done over, he would've probably gone in the 1st.

IMO, the value of the combine is to validate what the game tape shows. Is that guy really as fast as he looks? Do we need to go back and re-evaluate a guy because the numbers didn't line up with what we saw? But, measuring out well does not make a guy a football player, it makes him an athlete. When a guy looks fast on film and then runs fast in workouts, you can safely assume he is fast. When film makes you question a guy's speed and then he runs slow, you can safely assume he is slow. I was wrong about Keenan Allen, but he is the exception, not the rule and that slow 40 is why he went in the 3rd round. Had he ran in the 4.5s he would've likely been a high 2nd rounder.

Posted

isnt he a guard? 

Posted

I am done with massive fat asses. Look at Kugzilla, look at Otah, look at Bell. Fat dudes have foot and leg issues.

Posted

A reach by what standard? Preliminary? Kugbila hasn't even played a down in a regular season game yet. Draft discussions are over. Now it is about production. He could end up as anything from a bust to a hall of famer at this point. No one has a clue.

I wouldn't worry about "reaching." Gettleman has already stressed that his tactic is BPA. Plus I would rather take a chance on a reach in the 4th than in Rounds 1-3.

Kugbilla was a gifted developmental player. When a developmental player doesn't play or practice his rookie season there is reason to expect the worst case scenario.

Posted

I am done with massive fat asses. Look at Kugzilla, look at Otah, look at Bell. Fat dudes have foot and leg issues.

Lol massive fat asses, try again

Posted

Thomas seems a better fit at LG than LT!?!?

this is what i'm thinking.

Posted

Hopeful for the Alabama kid to fall, but I'm not holding my breath. Past him there's nothing to be overly excited about because they all have flaws.

Posted

Thomas in the 3rd or 4th round would be a good pick up.

Posted

Hopeful for the Alabama kid to fall, but I'm not holding my breath. Past him there's nothing to be overly excited about because they all have flaws.

Uhhhh... Kouandjio will likely struggle as a LT at the next level simply because he lacks the agility to handle speed rushers. He's better suited for the RT position to be honest. So, he's flawed too. Lewan, Matthews and Robinson are possibly the best LTs in this draft.

Posted

Name a prospect that doesn't have a flaw.