57 replies to this topic

#1 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

The most talented player in the draft. He needs to be a Panther somehow. The effect he would have on our offense would be priceless. With Watkins I think despite our offensive line woes as of now, we would still undoubtedly be a top 10 offense. Top 5 even a possibility.

The amount of cap hit we are taking from Hardy ft is a ton. We were the second best defense. Take out Hardy and add Watkins to our offense and our D doesn't need to be AS good and our D is still going to be beastly cause of TD, Star, CJ, Kuechly. And I only named the guys we know for a fact can ball. I didn't name Short who could also be an All Pro DT or our slew of potential starting DE's with Addison, Horton, Alexander

We don't need to spend out the asshole for one great player on a great D we have plenty of great players on D. I think Gettleman has something up his sleeve and if a long term deal cant be agreed upon Hardy is traded.

Bottom line, Watkins makes our offense great. You want a sure fire #1? You get it in Watkins. He coulda fuged poo up in this years Pro Bowl ffs. Him and Cam would make a combo so prolific, unlike any combo ever in the NFL. HOF'er to HOF'er building their HOF resumes together.

#2 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:36 PM

Yeah but do you know why kids love the cinnamony taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

#3 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

i want to have Ronda Rousey's children

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

benn.jpg

#4 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

The most talented player in the draft. He needs to be a Panther somehow. The effect he would have on our offense would be priceless. With Watkins I think despite our offensive line woes as of now, we would still undoubtedly be a top 10 offense. Top 5 even a possibility.

The amount of cap hit we are taking from Hardy ft is a ton. We were the second best defense. Take out Hardy and add Watkins to our offense and our D doesn't need to be AS good and our D is still going to be beastly cause of TD, Star, CJ, Kuechly. And I only named the guys we know for a fact can ball. I didn't name Short who could also be an All Pro DT or our slew of potential starting DE's with Addison, Horton, Alexander

We don't need to spend out the asshole for one great player on a great D we have plenty of great players on D. I think Gettleman has something up his sleeve and if a long term deal cant be agreed upon Hardy is traded.

Bottom line, Watkins makes our offense great. You want a sure fire #1? You get it in Watkins. He coulda fuged poo up in this years Pro Bowl ffs. Him and Cam would make a combo so prolific, unlike any combo ever in the NFL. HOF'er to HOF'er building their HOF resumes together.

So, you'd rather spend out the asshole for one draft prospect?  At least in Hardy we get a proven performer in our defense.  I'd love to Watkins, no doubt about it.  However, it would cost us a TON to move up to get him.  We'd literally be mortgaging the future of the franchise on him.  The best case for not doing that is in our own division - the Atlanta Falcons.  They moved up for a great WR prospect and Julio Jones turned out to be a great WR.  However, look at what they gave up to get him and then look at all the holes they have on their roster.  The two are definitely linked.  I don't want to see us do that.  We have too many holes on our own roster to give up a ton for a prospect.

#5 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

I mean mostly of what we'd be giving up to get Watkins is Hardy imo - can we afford to lose an elite DE? we aren't the Falcons or a team not deep at DE so. Yeah. Its not like were gettin chump change in return for Hardy. We are getting a guy who's going to ball like a seasoned vet from week 1.

#6 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,679 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:48 PM   Best Answer

Rather have Mike Evans

#7 Kuechly59

Kuechly59

Bow before GETTLEMAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

You are delusional...

#8 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,573 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

I don't even know what to say.

And who in their right mind would rather have Evans?

This thread is full of fail.

#9 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,653 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

Give me a Boldin type of receiver and I'll be at peace. We don't need a Megatron 2.0.

#10 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:04 PM

Give me a Boldin type of receiver and I'll be at peace. We don't need a Megatron 2.0.

You act like Boldin is chopped liver.  He's a 3x Pro Bowler who has over 10k career receiving yards.  He also got to 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 receptions in fewer games than anyone in NFL history.  Every team would gladly take a Boldin type of receiver.

#11 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,653 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

You act like Boldin is chopped liver. He's a 3x Pro Bowler who has over 10k career receiving yards. He also got to 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 receptions in fewer games than anyone in NFL history. Every team would gladly take a Boldin type of receiver.

I'm not acting like he's chopped liver. I'm just saying I want a physical receiver who can make the tough/clutch catches.

#12 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:12 PM

Rather have Mike Evans

Lolz

#13 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,679 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

Lolz

Seriously. From what I saw from the combine I would not mind investing the future for him.

#14 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,573 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

Seriously. From what I saw from the combine I would not mind investing the future for him.

Over Watkins?

You're high.

#15 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

I like Evans and would love to have him too, but not over Watkins.  Both will be long gone when we're on the clock at #28 though, so it's really a moot point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.