• Please log in to reply
821 replies to this topic

#16 uscgamecocks

uscgamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

Eugene Monroe won't accept any less than $10M/year... Pretty much no way we sign him as some people want.

No way we could afford 10mm this year. But we could maybe average 10 over a 4 year period with an 8 mil cap hit in the first year.

#17 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,546 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

Oher please.

No. Oher is a RT, Collins is the guy we need to replace Gross.

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,400 posts
  • LocationKurby

DT Red Bryant 4 year deal w/Jaguars.

Great move by Jags. Love Gus Bradley. He will change the culture of that team.

I expect Browner to be a Jags also.

#19 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,800 posts

while I don't doubt the panthers draft two tackles, iI'd be willing to bet they sign a veteran tackle.

Ya got to have some leadership at that position.

that would be my choice---I am thinking he plays Noah this year:  2 WRs, 2 T's, 2 CBs,   Of course, a lot can change between now and then.

#20 uscgamecocks

uscgamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

Agree, Collins is a good fit.

#21 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

FS Darrell Stuckey re-signs w/Chargers.

#22 thomas96

thomas96

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

We wouldn't want Collins to by "the guy" at LT. We should draft a LT and sign Oher even if it means waiting to deal with WR. We don't want Bell starting again. And Oher CAN play LT, well enough that even if we had to live with Oher and Bell we wouldn't be too bad off. And Collins is likely more expensive than Oher.

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,400 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

We wouldn't want Collins to by "the guy" at LT. We should draft a LT and sign Oher even if it means waiting to deal with WR. We don't want Bell starting again. And Oher CAN play LT, well enough that even if we had to live with Oher and Bell we wouldn't be too bad off. And Collins is likely more expensive than Oher.

Collins played pretty damn well at LT. Plus, at 28 theres just no value there with OT. Unless, You just really believe that Kouandjio or Tiny are good to go. Its a reach taking Bitonio, Moses, or Mewhort. Rather take your chance and hope that Hurst (a true LT) will be there in the 3rd.

#24 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

Sign those two as bookends and I'll be happy.

#25 thomas96

thomas96

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Collins played pretty damn well at LT. Plus, at 28 theres just no value there with OT. Unless, You just really believe that Kouandjio or Tiny are good to go. Its a reach taking Bitonio, Moses, or Mewhort. Rather take your chance and hope that Hurst (a true LT) will be there in the 3rd.

You never know who could fall to us. What if Lewan or Martin fall to us? We'd have to take one of them for the value at that pick. I just think Collins will be too expensive for us. He's fairly young and has showed a whole lot of upside and is just entering his prime. Oher is a decent starter but every team has seen what he can do. No ones going to be lining up to pay him, but I guarantee you there will be a bidding war over Collins. Collins is great, no doubt, but I just don't think he's our guy.

#26 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,546 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

I'm 100% fine with Collins as the future at LT, especially with a mobile QB. I'd rather stick with Bell than overspend on Oher who is better suited to the right side, Bell has continued to improve BUT I still want a rookie RT to compete.

#27 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Eugene Monroe won't accept any less than $10M/year... Pretty much no way we sign him as some people want.

Who really thought we would? It was a waste of a thread

#28 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

Collins isn't happening either! Get over it!

#29 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

@RobDemovsky: Hearing the #Packers and Sam Shields may be getting closer to a deal. Perhaps could happen tonight.

and as I paste that....

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Packers and CB Sam Shields reach four year, $39 million deal, per league source.

#30 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

THE Mr. Aaron Wilson recently put up an article about Eugene Monroe's contract negotiations with the Ravens, but also adds more information from his sources for the rest of the OL market.

Kansas City Chiefs offensive tackle Branden Albert is expected to sign with the Miami Dolphins for an average of $9.5 million annually.

St. Louis Rams offensive tackle Rodger Saffold is expected to sign with the Oakland Raiders for roughly $8 million per year, but he is still in talks with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Oakland Raiders offensive tackle Jared Veldheer is expected to sign with the Arizona Cardinals for between $7 million and $7.5 million.

Cincinnati Bengals offensive tackle Anthony Collins is expected to sign with the Buccaneers for between $6.5 million to $7 million provided that he doesn't re-sign with the Bengals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.