Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10 Players (only 7 on the roster) are eating 85.3 Million in 2014 cap space

88 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I look forward to the future of having to pay Cam, Luke, CJ, Kalil, and maybe Hardy.

Posted · Report post

Awesome post, any particular source on your numbers?

Posted · Report post

This my friends is why restructures are nothing to rejoice over. It steals cap space from the future to create immediate room. Then it gets really ugly when you have to cut the player and eat the dead money with nothing to show for it.

This is also why Gettleman is not signing players to contracts that are getting chunks of guaranteed money, same principle.

7 people like this

Posted · Report post

Awesome post, any particular source on your numbers?

spotrac

Posted · Report post

and of that list of top 18 player contracts, Greg Hardy and the bottom 3 are the only ones who were not given a contract by Hurney. Hardy will likely command less money once we hash out the long term deal. I never understood why people thought Hurney was a cap genius because the evidence states otherwise. 

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Believe Smith's is actually $9m. $3m base + $2m in bonuses for three seasons. That'll be reduced to $5m June 1 though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

true but next year its still going to be another 4 million in dead money.

Posted · Report post

true but next year its still going to be another 4 million in dead money.

Yup. For some reason spotrac didn't calculate the dead money and just kept his cap hit as the $7m it would've been had we kept him.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Steve's cap hit as a June 1st is either 5 or 6 million...
Also Godfrey as a June 1st saves 5 million, similar with Olsen.

Yea I'm over the whole June 1st poo tho personally. Take it all on the chin and get it over with in 1 year if you can.

Posted · Report post

and of that list of top 18 player contracts, Greg Hardy and the bottom 3 are the only ones who were not given a contract by Hurney. Hardy will likely command less money once we hash out the long term deal. I never understood why people thought Hurney was a cap genius because the evidence states otherwise. 

True but Gettleman did do some damage in his own right...His hand was forced but those restructures he did last year to get us under the cap are being paid for now and in some cases will continue into the future.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Best thread of the offseason. Wish I could pie twice. Honestly, surprised we're not still paying Delhomme.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

fuck you marty

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I mentioned something similar in the blame Getts thread, but nobody answered me with anything logical. 

Based on these numbers from the OP: 

1. For the people complained about losing Mitchell, Capt, Lafell and Gin, how do we pay them with the money we have when we are also having to extend Cam and then Luke? 

2. What other options do we have except 1 year deals until we get out of this? 

Also please do not bring up loyalty blah blah blah. I want real answers. THanks!

2 people like this