Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 NBA PLAYOFF MATCHUPS (Round 2)

178 posts in this topic

Posted

I take it this is about you guys not wanting to take on the Heat in the first round? 

Posted

Not particularly

Posted

These next three games are CRUCIAL...

vs. Brooklyn

@Orlando

vs. Washington

If we go 3-0, I believe we will wind up as the sixth seed, if we go 2-1 I think we'll have a chance, if we go 0-3, you can forget about it.

We also need some help from Washington...

Washington plays PHX Wed.. if they lose, we'll be 2 games behind. The Cats also play Wed. vs. Brooklyn. If we knock off Brooklyn we'll be 1.5 games behind Washington.

On Friday the Bobcats play the Magic, If the Bobcats beat the Magic they will be 1 game behind Washington. Washington also plays Indiana on Friday... if the Wizards lose, Charlotte will be .5 games behind the Wizards.

On Saturday the Wizards play Atlanta... if they lose they will be tied with the Bobcats, if they win they will be 1 game up on the Cats.

On Monday Charlotte plays Washington. If Charlotte goes 2-0 against Brooklyn and Orlando and Washington goes 1-2 against the Hawks, Pacers, and Suns then Charlotte can tie Washington in the standings with a win over them on Monday.

If Charlotte goes 2-0 and Washington goes 0-3, Charlotte can take a full game lead on Washington with a win on Monday.

In recap... Bobcats need to go 2-0 this week, Wizarda need to go 1-2 or 0-3 this week and Charlotte needs to beat Washington on Monday to either tie Washington in the standings or jump them.

Btw everything's updated.

1 person likes this

Posted

2-0 is possible if we play well. Orlando SHOULD be a gimme, as awful as they are.

Posted

Chicago has now jumped Toronto... ruh-roh

1 person likes this

Posted

Portland is sliding fast, boy if they fell out of the playoffs we may strike Gold with that pick.

Posted

Portland is sliding fast, boy if they fell out of the playoffs we may strike Gold with that pick.

You know what would be great, Portland to fall down the stretch and Detroit win a few games to make the pick the 9th overall.

It would give the Bobcats/Hornets two lottery picks and the cap space to sign a max FA.

2 people like this

Posted

This team is going to have such a bright future

Posted

You know what would be great, Portland to fall down the stretch and Detroit win a few games to make the pick the 9th overall.

It would give the Bobcats/Hornets two lottery picks and the cap space to sign a max FA.

Detroit blew a 6 point lead late to Cleveland that is a damaging loss for us getting the pick.

Posted

The Cats are inching closer and closer...

On Friday Charlotte travels to Orlando and Washington travels to Indiana. With a Bobcats win and a Wizards loss, the Cats will only be half a game behind the Wiz.

1 person likes this

Posted

Detroit blew a 6 point lead late to Cleveland that is a damaging loss for us getting the pick.

I saw that ship sail a month ago. If Detroit isn't in a position to make it to the playoffs, they would tank a couple games to ensure they keep that pick.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted

I saw that ship sail a month ago. If Detroit isn't in a position to make it to the playoffs, they would tank a couple games to ensure they keep that pick.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Yeah if I am being unbiased I can't blame them but it sucks if they hire Izzo or some good coach and make the playoffs next season.