Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OL Options in the Draft - a Semi-In-Depth Look

36 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hurst in the second, WR/TE in the first and third.

Posted · Report post

Hurst in the second, WR/TE in the first and third.

Taking Hurst in the 2nd would be WAAAAAAY over-drafting the guy. I'm talking by rounds. 

Posted · Report post

Taking Hurst in the 2nd would be WAAAAAAY over-drafting the guy. I'm talking by rounds. 

I have that feeling that by the end of the third a run will have happened. I think the second is our best bet at a tackle.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Dont think any of them are worth a first, but many are worth a second

Posted · Report post

Meh, disagree. He was a 1st round talent before he broke his leg, his leg is recovering nicely and will be ready to go for his pro day. Franchise LT, I'd spend a second on him all day long.

Posted · Report post

Meh, disagree. He was a 1st round talent before he broke his leg, his leg is recovering nicely and will be ready to go for his pro day. Franchise LT, I'd spend a second on him all day long.

I'm not saying it's a talent thing, especially if you would've read the blurb about him. But, Hurst is in a situation where his stock fell. And fell hard. I would rather have Billy Turner in the 2nd, than Hurst in the state he is in now.

I'll say that Hurst will still be there when we select in the 3rd. I'd be willing to bet on it.

Posted · Report post

I'm not saying it's a talent thing, especially if you would've read the blurb about him. But, Hurst is in a situation where his stock fell. And fell hard. I would rather have Billy Turner in the 2nd, than Hurst in the state he is in now.

I'll say that Hurst will still be there when we select in the 3rd. I'd be willing to bet on it.

It'll depend on his pro day performance.

Posted · Report post

i think Hurst was a 3rd-4th rounder before the injury.

at times Moses looks like a stud, but at times he looks like stiff blow up doll. he hardly gets beat for sacks and pressures, but he just bends at the waist so much. he does get up to the next level really well, and once he gets his hands on you, you are not getting away from him. i think he could come in and compete at one of the OT spots early.

one name you didnt mention was Cameron Fleming, OT Stanford.  huge RT only, that has played on Stanford power running OL for 2-3 years. very slow feet, and is on the ground maybe 2-3 times a game. but still moves guys in run blocking.

James is a stud.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

What about Tiny Richardson? Another player I really like late in the draft is Brandon Linder.

Posted · Report post

Cyrus is first round talent this knee thing so WAY over blown

Posted · Report post

Cyrus is first round talent this knee thing so WAY over blown

Pretty sure the same thing was said about Otah after he hurt his knee.