Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettleman speaks......finally

163 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

2 completely different situations and people. Stewart has had bad feet/ ankles and missed numerous games compared to Cam who has played thru it. this surgery will not be used in contract talks.

Why take the chance when you can let him play this year and see what happens.  No one is saying that the situations are the same simply that you don't pay someone 100 million dollars with a third of it guaranteed until you are sure he is 100% and you need to do it.  There is no hurry to pay him before next year.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You can keep dreaming about that. He and his agent will and should go for the max because the CBA screwed his class and the following rookies. Cam made almost 50 million dollar less than Sam Bradford in his first years, and you think that his agent will play nice.

yes, they got screwed for being forced to take less than veterans at their same positions, and having their entire contract guaranteed.

Lol
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Stewart had both of his ankles scoped.

Not sure why anyone would even mention that in regards to Cam. Not the same situation, at all.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

"...89 was a football decision....compared it to Babe Ruth being cut..."

and look what Boston went through for the next 86 years or whatever it was....

As a Red Sox fan....stfu

Posted · Report post

What??? He neglected to apologize to huddlers for placing fear in our hearts? You are going to tell me that he not once mentioned that he came to these forums for advice on how to run the team??? Who does this clown think he is??

FUG DG!!!! HE HATES THE PANTHERS!!

lolololol

Posted · Report post

Why take the chance when you can let him play this year and see what happens.  No one is saying that the situations are the same simply that you don't pay someone 100 million dollars with a third of it guaranteed until you are sure he is 100% and you need to do it.  There is no hurry to pay him before next year.

take a chance on what? you pretty much compared Stewarts ankle to Cams, and since he continues to have problems, the other guy will. you do pay someone, if he is your franchise QB. 5th year option should be used in order to get the long term contract done.

Posted · Report post

I do not think locking down a franchise qb is unwise.

Cleveland, Houston, Minnesota, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Oakland---All have fairly talented rosters but lack a qb.  All were in the NFL basement. 

it will still keep us in perpetual bargain hunting mode.

Posted · Report post

What do we do? Start over?

Posted · Report post

once the Hurneymagic is purged, that will not be the case.

The more you post the more it makes me think you are Hurney.

Posted · Report post

Everyone seems to be harping on Cam's salary but did our GM really just say Bell could be our new LT?

I've asked this before: What in the f*ck does Rivera and DG see in him?  I just don't get it.    

It sounds more and more like our line could be Bell-Amini-Kalil-Scott-Chandler if we don't get an OL in R1 or 2.  

Also, what was the Godfrey thing someone referenced? 

•  He was noncommittal about the future of free safety Charles Godfrey, who has a $7.1 million cap figure and is coming off Achilles surgery.
“He’s part of the evaluation,” Gettleman said. “He’s got to get healthy first.”
•  Gettleman sounded bullish on fourth-year player Byron Bell’s chances to shift from right to left tackle and fill the void left by Jordan Gross’ retirement.
“Byron is a naturally left-handed kid. He played left tackle his whole college career. He’s taken snaps there in practice and in preseason games,” Gettleman said. “I think the mistake we make is we all have preconceived notions about what a guy can and can’t do. I have seen Byron over there. In my mind, he is not a fish out of water.”
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

"...89 was a football decision....compared it to Babe Ruth being cut..."

and look what Boston went through for the next 86 years or whatever it was....

Boston traded him, or sold him depending on how you look at it. I believe that gettleman is referring to when the yankees released him in 1934.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

As a Red Sox fan....stfu

Cubs fan here, no sympathy from me.