Photo
- - - - -

Rivera says Cam wasn't consulted in WR moves

Best Answer mcdougal, 28 March 2014 - 02:48 PM

Our WR corp was brutal last season.   Our #1 WR was a #3 WR on a lot of other teams.    Lafell , in key situations,  dropped the ball nearly every time it seemed.  Ginn was a ray of light but,  where he will be missed the most is on return duty,  not because of his skills at WR.

While no fault of his own,  SS89 led up one of the worst WR groups in the league.

Having a bunch of new cogs in the system and some unknowns, it will not be worse than we had last season.

As far as Cam..   he's a player..  for a franchise that has given him the opportunity to be one of the best in NFL history over his first three years (stat wise).   Since he is averaging over 4,400 total yards and 30 TDs a year.          Getting a new WR corp in an attempt to improve it.  Will benefit Cam.

Once again:

The worst offense in NFL history can get worse

The best offense in NFL history can get better

The best defense in NFL history can get better

The worst defense in NFL history can bet worse

Just because we had a very, very, very bad WR core last year DOESN'T mean it is prudent to let everyone go. 1/2 of the people you guys want to replace them with couldn't even beat out those very, very, very bad WRs last season in practice.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#196 8 0 5

8 0 5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

Ok I can play that game
Nickel Back
CB
FS
LT
RT
RG
WR1
WR2

Those are the positions that YOU want us to add to. Not positions that are empty.

We were actually empty at all of the positions I listed.

#197 BlackCnqstdr

BlackCnqstdr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

Those are the positions that YOU want us to add to. Not positions that are empty.

We were actually empty at all of the positions I listed.

They're not empty at WR or OL, they're areas that need to upgraded just like all the other needs.

#198 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

Pulling a rabbit out of your hate shouldn't be a selling point. No one in there right mind should say we improved.

Who said we were done.  Again shouldn't this be a discussion for July not March.  That is the point some of you can't seem to grasp.

I do think that Cotchery is better than LaFell and might be more productive than Smitty at this point.  And as a receiver I like Underwood better than I like Ginn so in those two areas I think we did better.  Once we draft a receiver and a TE in the first four rounds we actually will be better and better set up for the future.

#199 8 0 5

8 0 5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

They're not empty at WR or OL, they're areas that need to upgraded just like all the other needs.

I agree, that's what im trying to explain.

#200 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,668 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

Not true. Cam had PLENTY input.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#201 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,323 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

Didn't the stats say that our WRs caught around 10 passes a game,  combined?             That kind of production will not be difficult to replace.   If you can honestly look at what we fielded last year and say out loud "Our WR corp wasn't a weakness last year",  then I don't know what to tell you.

so you can say Cam's performance and passing stats are historical but the WR's terrible. That is what doesn't add up. You can't have it both ways. If his passing stats are at historical levels then that is a commentary on the receivers also. Again he didn't throw to himself.

#202 Jimmy

Jimmy

Beer Me

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • LocationOn A Mother F'ing Boat

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

So Cam is a talent evaluator?  Now, if Ricky Proehl wasn't consulted then I'd have huge problem with that. 

#203 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

You're not simply trying to replace the production of last year. It was one of the worst in the league. The goal should be to make it better not just replace it.

If the goal is to just simply replace Lafell, Ginn, Smitty, and Hixon then god help us.

#204 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

Who said we were done. Again shouldn't this be a discussion for July not March. That is the point some of you can't seem to grasp.
I do think that Cotchery is better than LaFell and might be more productive than Smitty at this point. And as a receiver I like Underwood better than I like Ginn so in those two areas I think we did better. Once we draft a receiver and a TE in the first four rounds we actually will be better and better set up for the future.

Honestly it shouldn't be a discussion until December

#205 BlackCnqstdr

BlackCnqstdr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

so you can say Cam's performance and passing stats are historical but the WR's terrible. That is what doesn't add up. You can't have it both ways. If his passing stats are at historical levels then that is a commentary on the receivers also. Again he didn't throw to himself.

He said he put up some of the best numbers over his first 3 years not just last year.  Plus 2000 of those yards and 22 of those TDs were rushing.  The Panthers didn't have a receiver that went over 800 yards last season and Cam only threw for 3300... Passing game wasn't good.

#206 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

ron needs to stay away from the media for a while.............

#207 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:56 AM

You're not simply trying to replace the production of last year. It was one of the worst in the league. The goal should be to make it better not just replace it.

If the goal is to just simply replace Lafell, Ginn, Smitty, and Hixon then god help us.

From what I've heard the goal is to find WR that can fill in for one or two years while younger WRs that we draft develop and we fix our cap situation to be more aggressive to potentially go after a WR FA that we see being more of a long term solution. Get used to a year or two of WR rentals - that's what we are going to have.

#208 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:54 AM

If the one or two year rentals get compensatory picks in return if they don't pan out then so be it.

#209 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

This honestly isn't something that even needed to be said. He's a player, he's not in the front office, we know that.

I'd agree, but after reading some of the posts in this thread, I'd say it wasn't exactly that obvious to everyone.

(some don't seem to have the first clue)

#210 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

Well continue walking around with your eyes shut then. Go read the Charlotte observer articles about this scenario and go look at the photos taken of the angry mobs outside BoA stadium. And there's no reason to disregard the reations of people on here. Most of the people on here are the die hard fans. You would think their opinions count for more then the bandwagoners we picked up from last season.

Angry mobs? Seriously?

You make it sound like there's a daily protest with hundreds of participants. In reality, there were like a dozen losers that stood around outside the stadium for a couple of hours one day a few weeks ago and made fools of themselves.

Angry mobs :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.