#31 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,106 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

If you are going to be a smartass...at least post the damn video.

30665a49ffe27e094e0fb81b11632e8b8d440a89

#32 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,323 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

If you are going to be a smartass...at least post the damn video.

30665a49ffe27e094e0fb81b11632e8b8d440a89

it wasn't that important.

#33 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

I haven't seen so many people blindly follow one man since Jim Jones

I haven't seen so many people finally see a GM put in work through his 1st year and in only his 2nd year poo all over themselves before they could actually substantiate their tremendously weak stomachs.. 

if Hurney was still on the clock I'd feel your pain too..  perhaps in a few months I'll feel different.  even then, I'll try not to vomit all over everyone in every thread...  save for any nights I come back drunk after a night on the town, because hey, ya never know..

#34 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,334 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

Ah, the classic "we'll be fine" thread.

#35 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:48 AM

We had this in another thread.   Pessimistic vs Optimistic.

2013 Pessimist were 6-10, 7-9 and 8-8 and Gettleman didn't have a clue.

2013 Optimist were 10-6, 11-5, 12-4,16-0 and winning the Super Bowl.   I believe I said 10-6 winning the division / Wildcard.

Gettleman showed us he knew what he was doing.   I don't think there was one bad pick during the draft.  Kugbila being the closest bust. and Hixon being the worst Free Agent (yet he caught probably the most important pass in 2013)  

The bargain free agents don't excite too many but how can you not have faith in Gettleman. The man gave us the NFCS crown with little in his pocket yet he got who we needed at a price we can use.  

I have to give it to him and most of you should too.

#36 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:01 AM

We don't have to give gman anything. He has had 1 good year. If that is all it takes to get absolute loyalty around here then why do so many hate hurney? He had a couple of good seasons. Can't we express concerns w/o having to act like everything is perfect and everything gman does will work out?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#37 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:09 AM

tumblr_mw9yd94tPI1t00vw4o1_400.gif

#38 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

A real fan would be concerned for his team when the time calls for it. And, well, when you have an offensive line of Byron bell, Nate Chandler, Ryan Kalil, Amini Silatolu, and Garry Williams, along with a receiving corps lacking both a #2 and #1 WR, very little cap space, a god awful OC, and very questionable FO management.....Well, let's just say the concern is very well called for.

But I always appreciate optimism, and in no way am I calling you out. Just my opinion.

The time pretty much never "calls for it" in March.

Talk to me in six months.

#39 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:19 AM

We don't have to give gman anything. He has had 1 good year. If that is all it takes to get absolute loyalty around here then why do so many hate hurney? He had a couple of good seasons. Can't we express concerns w/o having to act like everything is perfect and everything gman does will work out?

One good year doesn't earn "absolute loyalty" but it most certainly earns the benefit of a doubt. Especially true when that 'one good year' was the best season we've had since 2008 (arguably since 2005)..

It also doesn't hurt when the guy at the helm has three Super Bowl rings and 25 years of experience - and success - evaluating players (as opposed to working your way up from the PR department).

I'd add that 'expressing concerns' is fine. Screaming "Gettleman sucks / fug Gettleman / OMG why doesnt he sign this guy I've heard of / how could he let that guy I liked go / sign everybody right now" isn't 'concerns'. It's a tantrum, and it's silly to watch adults throw tantrums, especially this early in the offseason.

Heck, I didn't even get worried this early in the offseason when Hurney was in charge, so I'm sure as heck not gonna do it now. And I'm definitely not gonna panic. But it's pretty clear some have hit the Panic button already.

(while others, unfortunately, have hit the Stupid button)

#40 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

release the Kracken!!!!

#41 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:57 AM

tumblr_mw9yd94tPI1t00vw4o1_400.gif

What the hell is happening here? Is he shooting the ground beside him and then giving a "who's with me look" to the guys behind him? Hilarious...

#42 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

We had this in another thread. Pessimistic vs Optimistic.

2013 Pessimist were 6-10, 7-9 and 8-8 and Gettleman didn't have a clue.
2013 Optimist were 10-6, 11-5, 12-4,16-0 and winning the Super Bowl. I believe I said 10-6 winning the division / Wildcard.

Gettleman showed us he knew what he was doing. I don't think there was one bad pick during the draft. Kugbila being the closest bust. and Hixon being the worst Free Agent (yet he caught probably the most important pass in 2013)

The bargain free agents don't excite too many but how can you not have faith in Gettleman. The man gave us the NFCS crown with little in his pocket yet he got who we needed at a price we can use.

I have to give it to him and most of you should too.

I have a hard time giving Gettleman all the credit for 12-4, that's his supporters biggest argument is that he went 12-4 his first year. If we are still blaming Hurney then he still gets credit for 12-4.

Biggest Reasons for 12-4:

1. Riverboat Ron-Hurney Hire
2. DPOY Luke Kuechly-Hurney drafted
3. Cam being Cam-Hurney drafted
4. Dline- 3 starters drafted or brought here by...you guessed it Marty Hurney
Honorable mention:Thomas Davis
All Gettleman did was add a little sugar to the pie, the core pieces were already here for 12-4. When we went 7-9, we lost a lot of close games that could have easily been wins.

Gettleman's impact has yet to take full affect, now we are going to see how he can build a team and not just add pieces.

#43 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

I doubt we'll lose 2 10+ year starters, greatest players at their position in franchise history, plus top 4 receivers, 3 captains, PR & KR every off-season, but ok.

#44 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

I have a hard time giving Gettleman all the credit for 12-4, that's his supporters biggest argument is that he went 12-4 his first year. If we are still blaming Hurney then he still gets credit for 12-4.

Biggest Reasons for 12-4:

1. Riverboat Ron-Hurney Hire
2. DPOY Luke Kuechly-Hurney drafted
3. Cam being Cam-Hurney drafted
4. Dline- 3 starters drafted or brought here by...you guessed it Marty Hurney
Honorable mention:Thomas Davis
All Gettleman did was add a little sugar to the pie, the core pieces were already here for 12-4. When we went 7-9, we lost a lot of close games that could have easily been wins.

Gettleman's impact has yet to take full affect, now we are going to see how he can build a team and not just add pieces.

Aaaahhh I see. So the GM who helped us get to 12-4 last year deserves no credit for it. Brilliant :wacko:

How thoroughly odd that nobody's beating down the door to hire Marty Hurney as their GM.

(heck, nobody's even making the effort it takes to dial a phone)

Meanwhile, Gettleman's peers praise the job he did.

But of course you, with all your team building expertise, praise a man who only helmed three winning teams In eleven seasons, presided over four straight losing seasons before last year, traded up for guys like Everette Brown and Armanti Edwards and tried to trade up for Jimmy Clausen, and who when he was asked how he'd fix a team in crisis responded "I don't know."

Who to take seriously... :unsure:

#45 Cage

Cage

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationHustlin' in the streets

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

Posted Image

Jesus. ...This dumbass violated almost every single weapon safety rule in less than 5 seconds. Impressive.

Also this off season has been like bangin a chic you met at the bar raw....you won't know if a mistake that cant be fixed was made until 6 months later when you take the hiv test. We have to wait and see. Never done that. Just saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.