Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

El Chingon

DT Colin Cole coming back

magnus    219

I don't mind that. 

Cole didn't really wow me on the field, compared to the two rooks, but that's a lot to ask.  

He ended up starting a lot of games, but only played about 30% of snaps. It's a place they could save a couple hundred thousand on a young guy like Gaydosh, and sure, that's still possible I guess.

Man Strength    59

Im no defender of PFF, but I do find it interesting to peruse their premium stats.  And with that. Cole was the second lowest rated member of our defense last year...second only to Wes Horton (who has a truly awful grade for the season).  Additionally, Cole rated negatively in run and pass defense.  The stats are a bit tricky, as i find that 2-4 games dramtically overwight the scores, whether positive or negative.  Even so, he only had 3 games graded positive.  

interestingly, Short also graded slightly higher than Star, though both had very high scores. 

WOW!!    2,571

I don't mind that.

Cole didn't really wow me on the field, compared to the two rooks, but that's a lot to ask.

He ended up starting a lot of games, but only played about 30% of snaps. It's a place they could save a couple hundred thousand on a young guy like Gaydosh, and sure, that's still possible I guess.

Space eater 2 down player that did his job.

Don't take credit away from Cole because you like Gaydosh. Who hasn't proven he can even play a role for this team.

• Pie 1

magnus    219

Space eater 2 down player that did his job.

Don't take credit away from Cole because you like Gaydosh. Who hasn't proven he can even play a role for this team.

settle down.  I'm not advocating anything and the best thing I said about the choice would be a mild cash savings.  

Man Strength    59

Pos. Name Total Run Def. Pass Rush Pass Cov. Overall Run Def. Pass Rush Pass Cov. Penalty # of Pen QB Sk QB Ht QB Hu BP Tks Ass MT Stops

DL        Colin Cole             316     149     166     1        -8.5      -3.9     -5.5      0.5        0.4        1-1      1        1        4       0     12     2      3     11