• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

Outside of Watkins and Evans, all of the WRs scare me a little. But, nice to see guys like Robinson improving their stock and maybe causing OTs or fellow WRs to drop in the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd round. I would love to go with 2 WRs in the first 3 rounds.

I think the receivers look better this year than in years past. Robinson, Cooks and Beckham seem like the real deal too.

I would draft all three above Tavon Austin

#17 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

Due to the high amount of WR needy teams and the amount of solid prospects, I think this is going to be a draft where a guy everyone has cemented as a RD1 lock slips to 2 and a guy expected anywhere from the 3-4th moves up to rounds 1-2.  Different teams favor different receiving qualities.  

I see Robinson as a good player and he seems really solid but nothing ever jumps out to me from what I've seen.  I'm more on page with getting Cooks, Latimer, Beckham, or Adams. Matthews is still a possibility.  I'd want all of them over Robinson.  He'll be a mid-2nd-early 3rd imo.  

#18 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

I've been on Robinson all offseason, He's probably my favorite realistic WR prospect from where we pick. 

Do want.

#19 Mol3m4n

Mol3m4n

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMitchell, NC

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Outside of Watkins and Evans, all of the WRs scare me a little. But, nice to see guys like Robinson improving their stock and maybe causing OTs or fellow WRs to drop in the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd round. I would love to go with 2 WRs in the first 3 rounds. 

Evans is the receiver that really scares me.

#20 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

Whatever the case it's a good draft to have a low pick. Very deep draft. We will get a good player

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#21 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

Robinson is awesome. I agree, he may very well go at the bottom of the first. Philly, Cleveland, San Diego, Seattle, and of course, the Carolina can all do with a guy like him.

#22 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

I really like Robinson, but I think there will be a WR at 28 I like more (OBJ, Matthews, Benjamin to name a few).  If he's there in the 2nd I wouldn't mind him picked there at all.

#23 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

Due to the high amount of WR needy teams and the amount of solid prospects, I think this is going to be a draft where a guy everyone has cemented as a RD1 lock slips to 2 and a guy expected anywhere from the 3-4th moves up to rounds 1-2.  Different teams favor different receiving qualities.  

I see Robinson as a good player and he seems really solid but nothing ever jumps out to me from what I've seen.  I'm more on page with getting Cooks, Latimer, Beckham, or Adams. Matthews is still a possibility.  I'd want all of them over Robinson.  He'll be a mid-2nd-early 3rd imo.  

Nothing jumps out to you?!? 

Da fug?!?

He makes people look like they are on skates in the open field. Has one of the best YAC ability in the draft. 

#24 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,029 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

Of the Big Ten recevers I would take Latimer before Robinson.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

only a Hoosier homer would rate Latiner above Robinson.

#25 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

Allen Robinson, WR (6-foot 7/8, 207) — Robinson ran the 40-yard dash in 4.48 and 4.50 seconds (improving on the 4.60 40 from the NFL Scouting Combine). He had a 42-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-11 broad jump. He also did the three-cone drill in 6.54 seconds. Robinson had a great pro-day workout. He looked very good running routes. Robinson’s performance really helped his draft stock a lot. It will push him into a crowded group of talented wide receivers in the 2014 NFL Draft class; not the upper echelon of prospects (a group that would include the likes of Sammy Watkins of Clemson and Mike Evans of Texas A&M), but the next tier of talent.

#26 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

Robinson>Benjamin

lolz right?

#27 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,200 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

I see a 3rd rounder in Robinson.

#28 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

lolz right?

I like Robinson better too. He's more aggressive to the ball (which is important for big receivers like them) and more polished. To each their own.

#29 thomas96

thomas96

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

I see Robinson being a great, consistent #2 throughout his career. I see Benjamin being either a top 10-15 #1 receiver, or a complete bust and out of the league in a few years (kind of similar to Britt but not personal/legal issues). Do you want to take the risk or the closer to sure thing?

#30 JJman

JJman

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

Average name = average player. Just kidding. I'm not a huge Robinson fan but I'd be okay with him in the 2nd. There will be better 1st round options than him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.