Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matthias

Matthias' Mock 2014 (Final)

13 posts in this topic

My last mock of the year.  It's been an interesting season concerning the prospects.  Some improved their position.  Others fell off the map.  After a lot of careful consideration, I've selected seven guys who I believe will take this team over the top this year.

2014 NFL Draft

20070201_nyc_radio_city_music_hall.jpg

1st Round:  Jordan Matthews

1 person likes this

I don't see Richardson getting the nod over Hurst at LT.

Not my favorite mock but I could live with it.

1 person likes this

wouldn't mind it at all.

I would be okay with the outcome but I think it would be risky to wait on OT - I think there is a good chance both Tiny and Hurst would be gone at our #3 and #4 picks. I like both of those players a lot but we could be in trouble if there is a run on OTs early in the third round.

Not sure how I'd feel about Matthews in the first - I would not hate it but he's not my favorite. I'm no scout though and I'd agree that we need playmakers at WR - so I do hope we address that need early.

Edit: Just watched the highlight video you linked on Matthews. Was very impressed with his route running - stayed low, very good in and out of his breaks. I remembered him catching a lot of screen passes from seeing his SEC games but that reel showed very good route diversity. Feeling better about him as a #1. I think there is a much higher chance we draft Matthews than Benjamin if both are available - Matthews fits the description if what Rivera said we were looking for in a WR.

I like Storm Johnson - he would be excellent value in the fifth round.

It would be an alright draft and I admire you for not mocking the same group almost everyone does. I really like Hurst and would rather us take him in the 3rd then Tiny Richardson. But other then that, I have no complaints.

Cooks-Turner-Bailey is my dream draft.

Big play WR, LT/RT, FS hybrid

Cooks-Turner-Bailey is my dream draft.

Big play WR, LT/RT, FS hybrid

I like that and then Latimer in the 4th!

1 person likes this

problem is that you're taking a big risk with no OT in rds 1 or 2. If it works out that Tiny and Hurst are there in the 3rd & 4th, great draft. If there is a run on OTs, we go into training camp looking for other teams to cut a quality OT during preseason. Not likely to happen. Since DG failed to land a starter during FA, i think we have to go OT in rd 1 or 2, even if it is not bpa.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I'm actually more thank cool with drafting Storm late in the draft. think he could be a steal