36 replies to this topic

#31 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:15 AM

With regards to Cyrus I think we will have to let teams do there due diligence in understanding his lack of consistent tape

. I am confident we would not draft him if his knee is really a problem. All the rumors of his recent knee problems (arthritis etc)  are coming from unnamed sources which I discard. 

I do agree his inconsistent tape last year and his combine results are disappointing but do not make him a draft bust just yet. The guy has also shown the size and agility to make him a legit LT so  let the pro's do their job on Cyrus.

From PFF:

"Nick Saban was in NFL draft rooms as the head coach of the Dolphins and as an assistant coach with the Browns, and he has helped to develop a lot of first-round draft picks during his years as head coach at LSU and Alabama. So Saban knows a lot about how the draft works.

And he says the media analysts whose job is to break down the draft don’t know a lot about how the draft works.

Saban was asked about one of his players, junior left tackle Cyrus Kouandjio, who is viewed as a likely first-round draft pick but has been criticized by some draft analysts for his play early this season. According to Saban, the reality is draft analysts don’t know what Kouandjio’s assignment is on any given play and therefore can’t really assess how well he plays, and said Kouandjio has played very well this season."

#32 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:10 AM

He's lazy.. Showed up at the biggest interview in his life and bomb like the a Nuke.

He as arthritis and has cronic knee issues. Why not draft him and we can give him Stewart's bike when we cut him next year.

I pray we have him scratched on our big board at least in round 1.

This is the type of ignorance and misinformation I'm talking about.

Please never post again.

#33 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,532 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

Most analysts don't know that Gettleman favours BPA. This is why I don't take a lot of these projections seriously -- they literally just try and match needs with their boards, without any considerations for scheme or drafting philosophy.

True. 

Most mock drafts just consider need, or who the writer likes (or he was told to like), and doesn't know or take into consideration the actual teams draft philosophy and current debates in the organization, if they even care/know about that specific team at all. 

Lastly, many mock drafts and reporters have no clue what research, back ground checks, interviews and detailed film breakdown turned up on many of these players, thus many teams will remain silent if they're trying to steal a pick. 

#34 Haplo E

Haplo E

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

We don't need DE.

#35 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

You keep bringing up 'ignorance' as your foundation but the fact remains Kouandjio's stock has plummeted because left knee is potentially shot, and he isn't fluid and quick enough to handle speed rushers at the next level. The tape doesn't lie. For example, Oklahoma's Striker (solid starter) and Auburn's Ford (Top 5 at his position) beat him like a bongo drum.

Actually Kouandjio was consistently bitch-slapped by Carl Lawson in the Iron Bowl. Lawson was a TRUE FRESHMAN for Auburn last year.

Ford lined up on the left on Auburn's defense, i.e. on the right tackle's side. True freshman Lawson was both too quick *and* too strong for poor Cyrus.

#36 gettlemanjack

gettlemanjack

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

Vinny Cerrato, former Washington Redskins GM from 2002-2009 under Dan Snyder. Previously worked for Redskins from 1999-2001 after being scout for 49ers from 1991-1999:

On Offensive Tackle: "You’re not going to get value at tackle, picking at 28. Very rarely, will you get a left tackle who can come in and start for you. I really like Cyrus Kouandjio, he’s a first round talent on tape but (he needs his knees to check out with the medical guys)"

#37 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

Vinny Cerrato, former Washington Redskins GM from 2002-2009 under Dan Snyder. Previously worked for Redskins from 1999-2001 after being scout for 49ers from 1991-1999:

On Offensive Tackle: "You’re not going to get value at tackle, picking at 28. Very rarely, will you get a left tackle who can come in and start for you. I really like Cyrus Kouandjio, he’s a first round talent on tape but (he needs his knees to check out with the medical guys)"

And he did (Dr Andrews)....and his knee was cleared.

If he is there at 28, I bet we take him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com