Photo
- - - - -

2012 NFL redraft: oh, RGIII didn't go #1?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#25 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Lol at luck #1

What's he done in the playoffs that Russell Wilson hasn't besides throw like 16 interceptions/game?

I think it has to do with the fact that like Cam Newton, he's completely carrying that offense.  Russell Wilson has an elite defense to lean on and a very good offense surrounding him.  Luck doesn't have that.  I think the majority of NFL GMs would take Luck over Wilson if given the choice between them.

#26 Mol3m4n

Mol3m4n

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationMitchell, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

I think it has to do with the fact that like Cam Newton, he's completely carrying that offense.  RG3 has an elite defense to lean on and a very good offense surrounding him.  Luck doesn't have that.  I think the majority of NFL GMs would take Luck over Wilson if given the choice between them.

Redskins defense is horrible.

#27 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

Redskins defense is horrible.

I mistyped.  I meant Russell Wilson were I typed RG3.  Fixed it.  No clue how I did that.

#28 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

LOL at Burfict ahead of Lavonte David

#29 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

LOL at Burfict ahead of Lavonte David

Yeah, I didn't get that one.  Burfict has clearly proven his doubters wrong, but I'd rather have David.

#30 cgarsmoker

cgarsmoker

Kenny Fugging Powers

• LocationViera, Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

I live in Indy and of course, the games are all shown on local TV so I see them all. Luck is a damn good, young QB. If he was on the Panthers, nobody would be complaining. I can assure you of that.

#31 SmokinwithWilly

SmokinwithWilly

HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Luck has talent. He also had Wayne and Hilton. Seattle's D won that SB. Not saying Wilson is a bad qb, but of that draft class, I still think Luck is the best. 

Question is though. What if Luck had come out in 2011? Who would the huddle have been screaming for? Luck or Cam?

#32 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

Luck has talent. He also had Wayne and Hilton. Seattle's D won that SB. Not saying Wilson is a bad qb, but of that draft class, I still think Luck is the best. 

Question is though. What if Luck had come out in 2011? Who would the huddle have been screaming for? Luck or Cam?

He didn't have Wayne for much of last year.

Not gonna lie, if both Cam and Luck had been available in 2011, I would've wanted Luck.  I thought Cam was boom or bust, but due to the rookie wage scale, I was screaming to take him because taking a guy #1 overall was no longer the huge risk it once was because you didn't have to pay him like a future HOFer before he ever played a single down in the NFL.  Coming into the draft, I would've viewed Cam has having the higher ceiling but Luck having the higher floor.  In the end, I think things worked out very well for both us and the Colts.  I don't think either franchise or fanbase should be complaining or hyper-defensive regarding comparisons between the two respective QBs - they're both damn good.

#33 SmokinwithWilly

SmokinwithWilly

HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

Right, but he's had him a year and a half. I'm trying to imagine the hysteria that would have been on the huddle when Roger Goodell announced the first pick, no matter who it was.

#34 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

I really don't think there would've been much hysteria.  99.9% of the Huddle was mad as hell when Luck declared he was returning to Stanford, myself included, and many still hold a grudge against him for it - I'm not part of the latter group.  Everyone wanted Luck.  The attention only turned to Cam once Luck was out of the question.  If Luck had been available, I'm virtually certain he would've been our pick.  I'll go ahead and put on my flame suit now.

#35 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

Luck is a beast, some of you assholes are just haters. I wouldn't trade Cam for any QB in the league, but Luck is the 2nd best young QB in the game, IMO.

#36 Haplo E

Haplo E

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

The hate for RG3 on this forum doesn't make any sense at all. Don't quite see the connection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users