Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you beat your pet for discipline?

51 posts in this topic

Posted

Now my 24lb cat will bite the poo outta you.....

It's probably trying to eat you.

2 people like this

Posted

My dog is a sweetheart...not an aggressive bone in her body. The only problem is she has issues with personal space. I'll let her up on the couch and she will sneak over and pretty soon she will be lying across my chest with her nose in my face. Sometimes (most of the time) i'll give her some decent attention then tell her to move along...rinse repeat every 15 minutes.

I do not approve my wife or myself popping her on the nose but have been known to hurry her along via a hand on the butt or my foot....but not kicking but a scooting "move it along" gesture.

My 8 month old can rip hunks of her hair out and she will just love on her and lick her. I couldn't ask for a better dog around our baby.

HEre she is as a pup

123xipz.jpg

I'm no dog whisperer by any means but if you want to fix that, it would probably be pretty easy. She comes into your space and you give her attention....she is getting rewarded. If you really want her to stop (and you may not), I would say to move her right away without any praise. She will need to learn that she needs to be invited into your personal space.

But with a dog that cute....I say fug it, let her crawl all over you.

1 person likes this

Posted

thats the issue.

Posted

how else you supposed to tenderize them

cesar-millan.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Nah, he does it when you touch his belly.. Hes bit each of the kids once... Once... Or, if he wants to be pet, he'll lick you coupla three times and then give you the teeth....

Posted

I've popped my husky on the butt a few times, but then I feel bad and apologize. The worst thing you can do to him is scold him and then ignore him. He gets so distraught.

Posted

If it's not for something you see them do, it's pointless because they have no idea what you are hitting them for...but if I see one of our's doing something stupid, I'll flick them on the nose if they aren't registering that I'm talking to them.

1 person likes this

Posted

When my dog doesn't respond to my voice commands I will tap her on the butt, not enough to cause any pain. It's just my way of letting her know I mean business.

Posted

I waterboard my cat under the bath faucet if she goes outside of the litter box

3 people like this

Posted

Ok I might waterboard my cat under the bath faucet if she goes outside of the litter box

1 person likes this

Posted

Does waxing my weasel count ?

Posted

If the animals are bad I just beat my girlfriend and the neighbors wife. For some reason she always needs it and he always watches from the window breathing deeply

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this