• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#136 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

yeah i audibly groaned when i saw that sunday nighter. there are going to be busloads of those slugs rolling in to the stadium.

then there's the TV broadcast where al michaels and cris collinsworth will comment no less than eighty times about how great stiller fans travel and point out all the fans who "made the trip down to charlotte". yep that grueling 50 minute haul all the way from hickory.

Go to the game and help prevent that as well as avoid listening to those two alltogether.

#137 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

I can't really complain about the schedule. Yes, I would like to have more prime time games, but like I did, we all just need to accept the fact that the Panthers are not a "primetime" team.  Yes, we have Cam but we don't draw a huge national audience like other large market/glamorous teams. It's just the way it is.

#138 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,082 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

Right because moving to a new area gives you every right to call yourself a fan of the teams that play there.

Why not be a Giants fan too?

I refuse to cheer for the Broncos in any way. But it is fun to ask them simple questions like, who was the qb before The Golden Calf of Bristol? And why does elway hate Jesus do much?

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#139 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW MAN

Just found out we're gonna be in DC for a wedding the same weekend as the Ravens game!!

Just looked up flights.....189 for a round trip? 

Ill take it. 

who else is comin?!

#140 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,086 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW MAN

Just found out we're gonna be in DC for a wedding the same weekend as the Ravens game!!

Just looked up flights.....189 for a round trip?

Ill take it.

who else is comin?!

I will definitely be there for the ravens game

#141 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,263 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

Panther fans need to start buying tickets to SNF now. Hope we put a block up on tickets for PA area codes.

At least try to represent somewhat better than we did in the playoffs Panther fans.

Wife wants to go with me to this game. She grew up in Erie Pa and as a Steelers fan.

I have already instructed her that she WILL NOT wear Steelers colors .....and if she cheers for the Steelers during the game that I WILL throw her off the upper deck.

SNF poo us serious.

#142 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

I am glad the toughest games outside of the division are going to be home games, lol.

#143 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

I think it is a pretty good schedule. SNF is equally entertaining as MNF as far as going to the game. I prefer to attend SNF and watch MNF as opposed to visa versa.

And we have two home primetime games and a late bye.

Little surprised that we didn't get a 4:00 Sunday game somewhere but that isn't a big deal.

#144 tailg8or

tailg8or

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC area

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

I like the start of our schedule with the Bucs on week 1.  With a completely new group of WRs, 3/5 of the O-Line replaced (Amini was on IR so he doesn't count) and 2 new safeties, chemistry will be a concern early in the season.  Chemistry is very important on the O-Line, between Cam and his WRs, and in the defensive backfield.  We will have new groups in all these areas.

Fortunately, the only team we are playing in 2014 with more of a chemistry issue is the Bucs.  Several new faces and a new coaching staff.  After the Bucs game, we have 7 games before facing a division opponent again. 

I am not as concerned with the safeties as each are vets with playoff and pro-bowl experience.  In the end, they will probably be an upgrade over last year.  The offense worries me, especially the O-line.  We will probably have 3 starters with a combined one year of experience (Amini, Kug, and rookie LT or RT).  Hopefully, they gel quickly because the middle of the schedule is rough.

#145 Chief Keek

Chief Keek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

Aww yes! I can feel it in the air now, 2 weeks from the Draft and only 3 months until the season starts. I really can't wait for another crack a Seattle. Primetime in Week 3 against the Steelers ain't too shabby either.

#146 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,557 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

I just wish we had more 4 o clock games so that I can sleep in more like I did last season. I'm a night owl. Yayy Insomnia!

#147 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,082 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

I just wish we had more 4 o clock games so that I can sleep in more like I did last season. I'm a night owl. Yayy Insomnia!

I work nights and request all games be early so I can watch before work.

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#148 Carolina_Crazy

Carolina_Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

A 3 hour show on NFLN for this?!?

Thats what i was thinking. But hey we are talking about NFLN that replays the same thing every dang day. I just stoped watching it all together.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#149 Chuckie

Chuckie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

Not a big fan of the dates for Seattle and especially the Saints. Was hoping TWC would be packed to the rafters for Hornets Opening Night but looks like they are going to have some competition for ticket money that week.

#150 lola

lola

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

Gah, the SNF game is going to bring out the Steeler trash in droves. I always hate the way they make the stadium smell. I'm gonna have to bring my Lysol.

On a side note, I am puuuummmppedd that we get a TNF against the Aints. I can't wait to bring the house down on those cockroaches.

Let's gooooooooooooo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.