I did this based off the Fanspeak simulator game, and with a mix of what I want and what I think
Gettleman would do. I know he's in love with Gurley, but I'd rather take an OT or WR in the first,
and Gurley won't fall to us in the second.
Going in, my goals are to get starters at OT and WR, a safety and a CB, adding depth at other positions.
1. Very tough choice here...I'm choosing between CB Trae Waynes, WR Jaelen Strong, OT Peat, RB's Gordon and Gurley, and DE's Preston Smith and OO, both of whom we had contact with. I know how much Getty loves his DE's.
I think Getty would go with Gurley. I want to go with Waynes. of course, Getty wins.
2. I'm choosing between Peat and DJ Humphries....can't see either of them falling to us in the 2nd in the real world.
Also choosing between WR's Perriman and Agholor, both whom I love. None of these guys will be here in the 3rd, so I'm going with the one I think will be the sure thing for us for years.
view his stats here...
3. choosing between CB's Kevin White, Josh Shaw, and DE Trey Flowers. I'm pretty comfortable with Alexander and Ealy opposite CJ for one more year.
Kevin White, CB, TCU
4. OT Rob Havenstein, Wisconsin. Even if he doesn't win a starting job, we need depth at this position.
5. S JORDAN RICHARDS - STANFORD Good value here at a position we are very thin at. I may even take another S later.
5. Second Pick of the 5th! Near the top of the BPA's are another OT, a G, and a DT...we need depth at all three positions.
DT XAVIER WILLIAMS - NORTHERN IOWA Dont know much about him, but we need to start grooming a rotational player to replace Cole and Edwards. And we may not be able to sign both KK and Star due to cap issues. I believe we'll spend a top 3 pick next year on a DT. This pick
should help a little in the future transitions.
6. I'm choosing between speedster WR Stefon Diggs and DE LYDEN TRAIL - NORFOLK STATE who Jeremy liked in his mock. He's got the measurables, and in the sixth, it's certainly
worth a shot.
DE LYDEN TRAIL - NORFOLK STATE
6. Second pick of the 6th