Im sure this has been stated many times in this thread but we truly won't get a feel for what Gettleman is looking for until we get this cap situation that he was given dealt with. We DO know the following:
1. Dline is very important. He will do anything for a great line rotation.
2. Oline size is important. He wants big guys. Don't know how early he feels about drafting oline.
3. Secondary can just plug in guys. Feels like the dline makes the secondary better or worse.
4. Wasn't sure about Cam or anybody from the old regime at the get go and very tight lipped about his feelings.
5. Hard nosed negotiator. Doesn't care about hurting feelings. Will ask and make guys take pay cuts or restructure.
6. Doesn't seem to care too much about personal relationships. This is far different from Hurney who all the players loved(bc he gave them a shitload of money and was too good of guy)
7. Won't reach or overpay
That is all we know. We don't know anything beyond that. As much as some people want to blame him for this year, we can't!! We are only 4 games into the season!! It's too early. Now what happens if we don't have a good season? Do we blame Gettleman? Sure we can, but the fact is he is just one of the reasons. We won't be able to judge until we can get some of these crazy contracts off the books soooo sorry we can't throw him under the bus yet.