Latest Panthers Topics
- Johnathan Jones of the Charlotte Observer: Impressions after Day 3
- Cam gettin' them dogs done with his mom.
- Carolina Panthers’ Greg Hardy leaner, just as mean in 2013
- Just because Cam dropped weight doesn't mean he didn't stay fit
- Caption This Pic
- Here it is, the mobile Panthers 2013 Schedule
- So, they're challenging Charlotte-Panther deliberations...And?
- Panthers’ Kuechly says new linemen make his job easier
- Derek Anderson Tweets
- Panthers are perfect in OTAs --
Charlotte Boudoir Photography
Charlotte Wedding Photographer
Tampa Boudoir Photography
Latest Bobcats Topics
- Oladipo at #4?
- So who saved all their original charlotte hornets stuff
- More Names Being Thrown Around (Hornets Coaching Search Thread)
- Shabazz Muhammad Bandwagon
- How ugly is this forum
- All aboard the Alex Len bandwagon.
- I was at the press conf and at "The Hive" yesterday...
- Eastern Conference Finals Thread. (1) Miami vs (3) Indiana
- A brief history of the Charlotte Hornets (Article)
- Dear Hornets
Mcginn's Very Good Writeups Of Pro Scouts' Opinions On PlayersNFL Draft
He's done wide receivers, tight ends, and offensive linemen.
So just a couple local guys, I'll let you all read the rest on your own.
Third-year junior from Saint Matthews, S.C. "He is a gifted, gifted player," one scout said. "He's a move-the-chains type. He knows how to play the game. He will battle from Day 1 against physical corners. He's got a lot of confidence in his ability." Another scout said Jeffery had "the best downfield ball-snatching ability of any receiver in this draft." "The big body, the big frame, can make catches extended away from his body," a third scout said. "Those things are really exciting about the kid. Granted, you're not going to get that all the time. You've got to figure out if you've got the right coaching staff and you've got to get the kid to buy into your program. There's risk there, but there's a huge reward, too." Finished with 183 catches for 3,042 yards (second in SEC history) and 23 TDs. Had 10 on the Wonderlic. Tends to get way too heavy in the off-season. "He thinks he's entitled," a fourth scout said. "I don't think he has a driving passion for the game. He plays the game really hard but he doesn't do anything else hard. I don't think he trains well. He's soft." His prep basketball team won four straight state titles.
Made a ton of spectacular, leaping catches. "He has the talent to be a very good No. 2," one scout said. Tremendous high school basketball player and played just one year of football. Finished with 202 catches for 3,418 yards (16.9) and 31 TDs. "Somebody will overpay for him because he's big, fast, athletic," the scout said. "But receiver is a hard position to come into the NFL and play initially, and he's a ways away. They kept it simple for him." Great hand-eye coordination. "He might be one of the more unready guys mentally," another scout said. "He's a little country simple. Doesn't really have a real support system that's used to this kind of limelight. It's going to be a struggle for him." From Columbia, S.C.