Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teeray

Cops shooting another unarmed dude and then talking poo to him as he dies

One thing i should mention is the actual shooting was apparently an accident in this case. He meant to taser the guy but pulled his gun instead. But why even taser at that point? Dude was on the ground with two guys on him.

Then as he is dying the cops talking poo to him and not even giving a fug is pretty disturbing imo

it's always been an epidemic. people are all of a sudden actually starting to pay attention, that's the difference.

"he went for my gun" and "defend the shield" and "fight for the man next to you" are all institutional tropes or cultural ways of doing things that create really, really shitty policing forces and they are all rife in the departments across this country.

Guy who murdered this man was 73 years old and donated money and equipment regularly to the sheriffs office and was a reserve officer.  Pay enough and I guess you get to go play cowboy.  

http://www.tulsaworld.com/newshomepage1/sheriff-s-office-reserve-deputy-who-fired-fatal-shot-was/article_3d1f3fe7-43cd-5fa1-9e8c-d8b3aefe2504.html

The 'F*** your breath' and 'You ran' comments by the cop as the guy is dying... no regard for life at all.  I'm still trying to pinpoint where the suspect 'reached for his waistband' as they claim.

tulsa cops saying what nypd had the good sense to only imply: "fug your breath"

though they appear to have taken notice of how well "i thought my gun was a taser, honest!" worked in the aftermath of the execution of oscar grant

Can't speak from personal experience, but aren't tasers lighter than handguns? Or at least feel different? Or maybe wait 10 seconds before firing to make sure you don't mix them up? 

No need to even taser him, he was on the ground and there were multiple cops within seconds of where he was. Even if he somehow overpowered the first cop there would have been at least 2 others on him plus backup on the way. Smfh

Showing law enforcements clear disconnect with reality, Tulsa Police Sgt. Jim Clark told reporters at a news conference on Friday that Harris, “absolutely was a threat when going down,” which the video clearly shows wasn’t the case.

All of these cops need to be fired. Anyone who sides with this murderer should not be trusted with a badge, gun, and position of power.

Well he did say he was sorry....

Man this poo is turning into an epidemic

Police forces have been unjustifiably shooting unarmed black people literally since the creation of police forces.

seriously just take away their guns. it's become clear that police can't be trusted to use them responsibly. if there's a shooting type situation then an armed SWAT team can be called in (it's what happens already anyway).

police in the UK don't carry guns and everything is fine, there's minimum police killings vs the 1,000 per year in the US

seriously just take away their guns. it's become clear that police can't be trusted to use them responsibly. if there's a shooting type situation then an armed SWAT team can be called in (it's what happens already anyway).

police in the UK don't carry guns and everything is fine, there's minimum police killings vs the 1,000 per year in the US

I think that so long as you have an armed citizenry, it's difficult to justify an unarmed police force. That's why cops in the UK are able to get away with NOT carrying. The Firearms Act, passed incrementally over the last 100+ years, makes it incredibly difficult to lawfully own a firearm in England.

Can't speak from personal experience, but aren't tasers lighter than handguns? Or at least feel different? Or maybe wait 10 seconds before firing to make sure you don't mix them up?

It's the weight difference in holding a a gallon of milk and an empty gallon of milk.

It is time to re-think and revamp our entire police training nationwide IMO.

I don't know what that new training would look like and some cops have tough jobs in tough neighborhoods.

But de-escelation needs to be a big part of it. Too often they come into a semi-chaotic situation, but then actually make it 100 times more chaotic.

The militarization has to go, with the exception of SWAT. They have SWAT, there is a state National Guard. They do not need tanks and GI Joe military training

One way the TB has recently changed my world view is on this subject. Just until recently I was one who gave a the police a lot of latitude and benefit of the doubt in these type situations. Hard for me to do that now. My eyes have certainly been opened.

And to fellow Huddlers, especially non-whites. If you get pulled or anything these days, turn your fugging phone on. Even if you turn the record on and just set it down. New technology is proving to be an effective defense against over zealous or abusive cops.