Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stirs

Asians complaining about racial bias

You didn't read.  We have a clear case of someone with lesser scholastic credentials getting into a program on the basis of their ethnicity.  If you are arguing that this doesn't happen all over the country all the time, then there's nothing more to be said.

http://www.jbhe.com/features/49_college_admissions-test.html

I am arguing that I'm going to have more proof than "my girlfriend said that's why she didn't get in and if you don't believe me you can call her."

It is a statement that in no way can be proved as correct, unless it somehow works out to fit the mythical Last Seat On The Bus syndrome. "There was only one seat left and they chose that black person over me!" It is a racist assumption that just because you weren't chosen for that last spot that it must be because of race.

The truth is she doesn't know if it was her and one other student competing for the last enrollment spot. No university is ever going to let you know that information -- that you weren't chosen because you were white or that you were given the last seat because you were black.

Like I said before, the girlfriend was beaten out by a couple of thousand other candidates, many of whom were white. Is she really prepared to point at all of the black students and say "I'd be there if it wasn't for one of you?"

...............wow

So an Indian classmate with better scholastic credentials and resume (besides the popularity presidential vote) than another minority did not get in the same school...........

Trolling right?

I am arguing that I'm going to have more proof than "my girlfriend said that's why she didn't get in and if you don't believe me you can call her."

It is a statement that in no way can be proved as correct, unless it somehow works out to fit the mythical Last Seat On The Bus syndrome. "There was only one seat left and they chose that black person over me!" It is a racist assumption that just because you weren't chosen for that last spot that it must be because of race.

The truth is she doesn't know if it was her and one other student competing for the last enrollment spot. No university is ever going to let you know that information -- that you weren't chosen because you were white or that you were given the last seat because you were black.

Like I said before, the girlfriend was beaten out by a couple of thousand other candidates, many of whom were white. Is she really prepared to point at all of the black students and say "I'd be there if it wasn't for one of you?"

So class rank position, gpa, clubs, background is not enough evidence?

I'm done with the excuses and blindness. I laughed because it goes both streets but it only happens to one side is ignorant. Have a good day.

*edit also I did mention university ties due to parents being alumni so it is plausible that could have been the deciding factor.

You read her friends essay as well?!

Maybe you have an admissions career ahead of ya..taxes suck.

Maybe but there is an Affirmative Action position available at ECU ;)

Taxes do suck and the types of people who do not pay their share by embezzling is very diversified; rich, poor, white, asain, black, middle eastern, highly educated, no education........I'm not an enforcer by nature but I'm learning a lot that hopefully will provide skills I can transfer back into the private sector. One more year of experience then greener pastures.

Inequality is inevitable in any society. In European societies where everybody is 'white' the degree of whiteness is the basis. Same problem in Africa and the islands. Even Asian countries have massive income inequality.

Inequality is a consequence of society. We can't eliminate it. We can provide equal opportunity though. Actually funding education, and promoting family values is a start. Defending education and spending billions of dollars to build prisons and take dads away does not.

Thats amusing.  Ludicrous but amusing. 

I don't agree with the broadbrush asian stats. I'm mixed Vietnamese and NC tobacco farming ancestry and while I do think there is a stronger family/hard work ethic in the asian community I think it's too early to tell because we're just reaching the 3rd generation of Korean/Viet mass immigration. I've seen just as many Viet's/filipino/Malay problem teenagers and young adults as any other race. It boils down to family/parents. I'm 2nd gen, my mom was one of the first 5 Viet (all with US military husbands) who set down in Charlotte. I've got Viet friends (all 2nd gen) who went Ivy League, UNCC grads with high paying jobs, drop-outs at UNC/NCSU, UNCC grads, blue-collar workers, and a some who joined gangs (perma-banned at Eastland Mall in the 80s for fights or run bookie services out of asian dive bars.) Note: The children (not related) who joined gangs or worked in gambling all came from single-parent homes. (divorces due to problems with husbands DV, PTSD, and/or drug use).

Now you have a mass immigration of H1b from China/India (more asians) primarily into STEM employment. I think (not substantiated) that we're importing the asian family values, but as the immigrant children become more western, they become just like all native born generations.

It all boils down to everybody trying to put food on their table. Everyone fighting for the same parcel of food. Once they have food on their table then everyone change their focus. They all want to be black. They all want to have black attributes like long legs, big lips, dark skin, athletic, etc. Seems like everyone always want to come back to their creator. Sad thing is most people don't even know that the reason they wear high heels it's an attempt at mimicking the African body proportion. What a world!

Yes, this encapsulates life for us all.  We can now close down the Tinderbox

It all boils down to everybody trying to put food on their table. Everyone fighting for the same parcel of food. Once they have food on their table then everyone change their focus. They all want to be black. They all want to have black attributes like long legs, big lips, dark skin, athletic, etc. Seems like everyone always want to come back to their creator. Sad thing is most people don't even know that the reason they wear high heels it's an attempt at mimicking the African body proportion. What a world!

Are you high or stupid?  I am betting both.

Race is not a social construct. Same as paints are not a scocial construct. A blue paint, per se, is a blue paint and does the function of a blue paint. They call that reality. No need to convince ourselves the things we see aren't real. The concept of a uniform human race existed once and that's way before human left Africa. Hybridization really affected our planet in a negative way. Now the damage is already done. We are now left with this overpopulated chaotic mess where over 7 billion people are fighting for the same scrap.

The solution must be to kill all non-African peoples.

Race is not a social construct. Same as paints are not a scocial construct. A blue paint, per se, is a blue paint and does the function of a blue paint. They call that reality. No need to convince ourselves the things we see aren't real. The concept of a uniform human race existed once and that's way before human left Africa. Hybridization really affected our planet in a negative way. Now the damage is already done. We are now left with this overpopulated chaotic mess where over 7 billion people are fighting for the same scrap.

I thought I was the only one on that level of thinking. Hybridization has changed the game for humans. It could be argued that it's the cause of majority human suffering. Hybridization creates so many tribes of human in every corner of the planet. It creates a perfect recipe for disaster in which it is. This planet was meant for just a few million humans living a subsistence life. Instead we have billions of grasshopper-like beings proclaiming they are this race that race fighting over territory.

Are you high or stupid?  I am betting both.

I used to wonder if he was trolling, but unfortunately the answer seems to be that he genuinely is just that stupid.