Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazi

Virginia TV reporter, photographer shot to death during live interview this morning

FOX is reporting the subject is alive, in critical condition.

You know, it's really quite clever on the part of the NRA to say, "don't politicize the gun issue in the wake of this tragedy."

I mean, they happen so frequently, there's really no right time to address the gun issue.

This is a whole new degree of fugged up.  I never would have believed that we got to the point where someone would film themselves committing a murder and sharing it online. But here we are. The day has come. We legitimately have reached the low point. It's just the perfect storm:

• Guns everywhere with no accountability
  • Mental illness everywhere and no infrastructure to handle it
  • A generation who believes in immediate gratification. Give me it now! I deserve it.
  • A culture of victimization, self-pity, and entitlement that leads people to immediately quit and blame others the moment they experience any adversity.
  • The era of the selfie. It's all about me, me, me. Look at me! "Reaction videos" so people can see what you looked like while you watched the new Force Awakens trailer. Then the Ice Bucket challenge, "I'll do something that feeds my ego while pretending I'm doing it because I care about ALS." Well , that's brought us here.

This present day American society is incredibly fugged. And I'm truly starting to think it's beyond help. I don't get like this from these stories often, because as I said, they happen so often, and to date, I've lived through the mass murder of elementary school children, universities, movie theaters, and at this point I thought I'd be numbed. But I'm literally shaking with anger and frustration and grief.

But mainly disappointment. It's all futile anyway.

You know, people worry so much about this horrible nightmare scenario of an oppressive Orwellian government. But this situation is much worse. Knowing that I can just be out on the street, or in the theater, or in the store, or anywhere really, and some nut can just blow my brains out before I can even think it react. And unless I lock myself in my house, it's a very real possibility that I'll get gunned down by someone who was mad at me from a previous job, or angry about traffic, or for no real reason at all. Yet in some inconceivable act of cognitive dissonance, I just have to shrug my shoulders and say, "Oh well. There's no way you could have prevented that shooting, or this shooting. I mean, guns really aren't the issue." You want to talk about the thought police? I'm trapped in a real life time and place that's a hundred times scarier than 1984.

Was he a ex boyfriend? I don't think so. He was pissed off that she got his position. A racist. And crazy to boot. Now this is where I have a problem with mental cases easily obtaining weapons in this country.

Suspect survived... Per BBC.

In critical condition at the hospital with gunshot wound to the head.

Aparently she made racist comments towards him, and still got hired. And the camera man went to HR after one shift with him that resulted in getting him fired or something like that.

The most fugged up part is that I've heard that it was either both of their last day, or at least one of the victims last day. They also had their significant others watching live at the station. 

I doubt she would still get hired. fug that guy

So, based on preliminary info wouldn't this be some sort of race related hate crime?

This was the station that I grew up on for my entire childhood. I remember Andy Griffith being on every day after the news and watching every Friday night for High School football scores. So it makes me sick that this happened, but it makes me even sicker than people try to use stuff like this to push their political agendas.  How about we take a minute to realize that two people were murdered on live television and their deaths will forever be immortalized in internet videos instead of shitposting about guns and racism?

I am pretty sure we all realize what happened. And we are frankly a little sick of people telling us to not talk about causes and remediation when these things happen, because that sounds suspiciously like someone telling us not to talk about causes and remediation because they know they won't like the ideas presented.

If this guy ended up being a democrat, let's discuss removing all guns from democrats.  I mean, it should have wide support among democrats. 

Is this the kind of conversation that's allowed too?

It's a difference between discussing things and immediately screaming about guns and black people.  

This was the station that I grew up on for my entire childhood. I remember Andy Griffith being on every day after the news and watching every Friday night for High School football scores. So it makes me sick that this happened, but it makes me even sicker than people try to use stuff like this to push their political agendas.  How about we take a minute to realize that two people were murdered on live television and their deaths will forever be immortalized in internet videos instead of shitposting about guns and racism?

Because it's fugging disingenuous to act shocked and saddened by this, then do NOTHING, and then act shocked and saddened again and again.

You want their legacy to not be tarnished? Then how about you actually do something to prevent senseless murder and exploitation from happening again?

Just whining that people are making this a gun issue while the blood is still wet is only enabling gun violence. It's saying, "Oh, let's just chill out with the politics until people's emotions are worn off, then we can placate the masses with statistics about automobile crash statistics, alcohol and rope."

You think you're somehow morally superior? No, it's exactly this attitude of , "well let's talk about it later," that ensures that nothing ever changes.