Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Final Panthers Cuts

Wegher is a bruiser. The guy is strong. He is the only guy on the roster who can do what Stew does.

I liked how he showed he can run between the tackles last night he attacks defenders.

hope he stays

• Pie 1

I don't think Wegher did enough the last 2 games to make the roster. Fozzy and Todman both looked better. Also, there is a very small chance anybody will pick Wegher up if released. I imagine he will be placed on PS

Fozzy is making the team, it's never been a question. Can't wait for the reactions. I think a grand total of 4 of us voted for Fozzy in that 'who will make the team' poll. For some reason people forgot all about him tearing it up in the playoffs because some dude was able to run on 4th stringers.

Give him some more credit than that! It was 6 for a a whopping 0.87% of the votes :P

I don't think Wegher did enough the last 2 games to make the roster. Fozzy and Todman both looked better. Also, there is a very small chance anybody will pick Wegher up if released. I imagine he will be placed on PS

I think it's better than a small chance that someone else picks him up, but I don't buy that it's the lock some have made it out to be.

People thought someone would surely snap up lee Ward too.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

FYI: For Twitterites, I've linked Twitter pages for several of the players hoping to make the final squad over in the "when to expect cuts " thread here.

Players have been known to post their fates on social media before they're officially announced.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Whittaker had way more than just one good play last year.

That's true, but can you be a little more specific? No play comes to mind besides the one pass in the flats. 

That's true, but can you be a little more specific? No play comes to mind besides the one pass in the flats. 

I can give you a quick way to find 'em.

Just search the phrase "waka waka", "wakka wakka" or "wocka wocka" on The Huddle.

Every instance you find will correlate with a good play by Whittaker.

• Pie 1

I just think if any player is the next Gettis, it's Fozzy. He's mediocre, but people want to over rate him because he has a good story. 

I just think if any player is the next Gettis, it's Fozzy. He's mediocre, but people want to over rate him because he has a good story. 

Gettis never showed anything in the regular season.

• Pie 1

I remember Fozzy de cleating Chandler Jones on a block in the Patriots game. There are worse things than him being on the team over Wegher. It's a great problem to have - not worth too much worry. 

The offensive line should get more for the credit for our backs blowing up in preseason. 

Edited by French Navy
  • Pie 2

I remember Fozzy de cleating Chandler Jones on a block in the Patriots game. There are worse things than him being on the team over Wegher. It's a great problem to have - not worth too much worry. 

The offensive line should get more for the credit for our backs blowing up in preseason. 

He had a good block on a blitz pickup last night too.

• Pie 1

What is so good about his story?

Heres another play. Without it the team does not go to the playoffs.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/15/6984751/fozzy-whittaker-touchdown-ball-cam-newton-give-away-panthers-bengals

When I think Fozzy I don't think 'story,' I don't even know what his story is. I just know that he makes plays and is a threat to score every time the ball is in his hands.

Wegher is the 'story' guy, the Pittsburgh announcers were talking about it last night, how he was in trouble with the law and just wants his chance.

• Pie 3

I wont be upset either way with those two. Though I dont look for reasons to be outraged about these things.

• Pie 1

Personally, I like Fozzy. Are you saying I have to emotionally switch to dislike if I don't have him making my version of the roster? Don't complicate my fandom. I'm already married. That's enough to deal with.

Personally, I wasn't talking to you