Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lilsmitty09

Hawks Fans are mad RW isn't MVP

41 minutes ago, pantherjack77 said:

Funny what happens to a fanbase when you finally beat them. All of a sudden "They're cool, like the East Coast version of us" becomes "I can't stand those guys!"

This is why I want Seattle in two weeks. With Colts-Pats virtually dead, this has the potential to be the next must-see conference rivalry for a long time and no doubt it would be a fantastic game.

Cam Newton = Michael Jordan

Russell Wilson = Isiah Thomas

Isiah was a great player, one of the best. 

But he was no MJ. 

I can tell you this... Newton and Carolina D alone, kept my Fantasy League Alive longer than it should have. Which QB got the most Fantasy Points? Newton or Wilson?

38 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Cam Newton = Michael Jordan

Russell Wilson = Isiah Thomas

Isiah was a great player, one of the best. 

But he was no MJ. 

And once MJ and the Bulls got past Isiah and ended their short run at the top...

54 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

I can tell you this... Newton and Carolina D alone, kept my Fantasy League Alive longer than it should have. Which QB got the most Fantasy Points? Newton or Wilson?

Newton, won most NFL Fantasy leagues FWIW.

2 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Keep in mind coming into week 10 I believe, Wilson had 9 td and 7 int 

And how many losses (with his fans-rightfully so-blaming him for holding on to the ball too long)????

1 hour ago, cbarrier90 said:

And once MJ and the Bulls got past Isiah and ended their short run at the top...

Not only true but there can be no doubt it made him stronger.  Is there even a "flu game" without the trials endured so many years earlier?

9 minutes ago, Bogart said:

Wilson isn't even the MVP of his own team!  

What? Who's the MVP of the Seahawks if its not him? And don't give me anyone on that defense that was losing them games week after week.  Man I'm not the biggest Wilson fan but I try to look at things in an unbiased fashion. But if he would've played the entire season like he finished it, RW and cam would be neck and neck for MVP. They both had one of the most ridiculous 4-5 games stretches that I've seen in awhile. Difference is Cam was playing at that level for most of the year and Wilson came on late. But its easy to see that if they both continue to improve this will be a recurring theme for both franchises. 

4 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

What? Who's the MVP of the Seahawks if its not him? And don't give me anyone on that defense that was losing them games week after week.  Man I'm not the biggest Wilson fan but I try to look at things in an unbiased fashion. But if he would've played the entire season like he finished it, RW and cam would be neck and neck for MVP. They both had one of the most ridiculous 4-5 games stretches that I've seen in awhile. Difference is Cam was playing at that level for most of the year and Wilson came on late. But its easy to see that if they both continue to improve this will be a recurring theme for both franchises. 

Easy there big guy, it was sarcasm.   I'm not a Wilson hater but the dude is not in the MVP debate this year.  I give him credit for stepping up his game though.

This is pretty sad. I live in Georgia and I drove to Charlotte to watch the game and had a great time with Panthers fans at the game and for the most part there was some really good people I met. Hopefully nobody from this board because it's pretty embarrassing reading a lot of your posts. We get it, everyone gets it, Cam is having a good MVP year. Why the obsession with Russell? Nobody is mad he isn't MVP, he didn't start the season off that great and we had a rough road but we still made it into the playoffs, broke a lot of records. Carolina finally succeeded at beating us at Home this year finally, out of how many times? and they have beaten you in your house how many times? Not to take anything from Carolina's year but there is no need to act like an Ass hat when Carolina finally gets a good run going. I'll be at the game when in fact seattle does beat Minnesota and i look forward to the match ups. If Seattle ends your season in your house then what will the excuses be when all you have to show for the season is Cams MVP?

1 minute ago, DabDeezNuts224 said:

This is pretty sad. I live in Georgia and I drove to Charlotte to watch the game and had a great time with Panthers fans at the game and for the most part there was some really good people I met. Hopefully nobody from this board because it's pretty embarrassing reading a lot of your posts. We get it, everyone gets it, Cam is having a good MVP year. Why the obsession with Russell? Nobody is mad he isn't MVP, he didn't start the season off that great and we had a rough road but we still made it into the playoffs, broke a lot of records. Carolina finally succeeded at beating us at Home this year finally, out of how many times? and they have beaten you in your house how many times? Not to take anything from Carolina's year but there is no need to act like an Ass hat when Carolina finally gets a good run going. I'll be at the game when in fact seattle does beat Minnesota and i look forward to the match ups. If Seattle ends your season in your house then what will the excuses be when all you have to show for the season is Cams MVP?

A long time ago I said I would pie someone's first post...no matter what it said.

Sigh.

Pie for you. :/

Just now, Moorgan said:

A long time ago I said I would pie someone's first post...no matter what it said.

Sigh.

Pie for you. :/

I'm a pie fan so no worries

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    49Marvin

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I'm in no way trying to present the teams they've played and liken them to a murderers row of opponents.   However....they didn't just beat them. 1) Bucs: Niners beat them by 2 scores despite having THREE TDs called back on dubious at best calls. Despite that, this was Jimmys worst game as it was his first back from the ACL. He was a bit scattershot all day. Bosa also CLEARLY hampered by preseason ankle injury and STILL had a pretty big impact. 2) Bengals: Beat the brakes off the Bengals. 41-17 and wasn't that close. Out-gained them 571-316 despite shutting it down in 4th quarter and allowing lost pass play on backups with under a minute to play. 3) Steelers: Turned the ball over FIVE TIMES, three times completely unforced and three times inside the Steeler 15. Still won by 4. Outgained the Steelers 436-239....and that's only because of two long pass plays by the Steelers, one on Jason Verrett....who clearly isn't ready to be back. They pulled him after the TD.   They then had their bye and got Jimmie Ward back at FS and Nick Bosa back to nearly full health.   4) Browns: 31-3. Out-gained the Browns 446-180. Allowed a net 78 pass yards. Bosa had himself a game. 5) Rams: The first "ok now it counts" game. Playing without their tackles or Pro Bowl FB. 20-7. Held Goff to 48 yards net passing after he'd had 517 and 395 the two previous weeks.  6) Redkins: 9-0. I mean...in reality...I pretty much throw all the stats out the window on that one in what was an embarrassing display of groundskeeping in the nations capitol. I'm just glad nobody was hurt.   I am not deaf to the comment that they haven't played as hard a schedule. I am gonna argue tho that they have dominated the teams they were supposed to dominate even with guys out of the lineup.
    • I doubt they even trade them to us currently if interested. Hopefully someone comes and take both players to the afc 
    • Why would they move on from Jameis, when they hired Bruce Arians and coaching staff to fix him Do you thnk they will move from the coaching staff too.
  • Masters of PIE !