Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

"So what about this is objectively wrong?" (pg. 84 title change)

29 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

beyond parody

Cute. Still haven't pointed out the wrong here. And unless you're prepared to argue that nobody has to obey lawful commands, you have nothing. This guy was afforded opportunities to walk away and didn't take them. He had no business there and was asked to step away. He was then warned what would happen if he didn't just simply back up. He refused again. He got shoved, again avoiding use of taser in favor of something else. He refused again. He got tased. What. Is. The. Issue?

8 minutes ago, lightsout said:

And unless you're prepared to argue that nobody has to obey lawful commands, you have nothing.

you're the dumbass who just a few pages back put forth this argument: "i've not seen a study that supports my argument but i'm sure there's one out there because it seems like something somebody would look up"

you are in no position to tell anyone they have "nothing." now go ahead and post another rappin' cop so i know whose name to expect to see in the next story ripe for this thread

Edited by GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

1 minute ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

you're the dumbass who just a few pages back put forth this argument: "i've not seen a study that supports my argument but i'm sure there's one out there because it seems like something somebody would look up"

you are in no position to tell anyone they have "nothing." now go ahead and post another rappin' cop so i know whose name to expect to see in the next story ripe for this thread

Way to walk right around that.

Of course nobody accused you of being very intelligent when you think "there are no good cops unless it's a cop openly speaking out about every single bad cop because that's more important than doing the job well and positively influencing their community". 

Of course, I'm mostly mad at myself for being disappointed in your lack of being reasonable in this entire topic. I've been able to (I think) have some reasonable discussion in here in areas where I both agree and disagree with others, but you are just an angry dude. But I've known that from other things you've said and at times, I feel like you're well meaning and others feel you're flat out toxic. Just sucks that instead of discussing things you draw the line at "do they agree with me" and if the answer is no, you go to ridicule/defensiveness/anger/name-calling. And we're all guilty of a little name-calling but that is a go-to for you.

Just now, lightsout said:

Of course nobody accused you of being very intelligent

how often do you get accused of being "very intelligent" officer? do you feel like there's a lot of brain power in your department?

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

“This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class,” Jordan said today from his Waterford home. “I maintain you have no more control over your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender or anything else.”

He said he does not plan to take any further legal action.

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

1 minute ago, lightsout said:

Way to walk right around that.

studies show that police beat their partners at a rate 2-4x that of the national average. research conducted by the fbi revealed a concerted effort by white supremacists to infiltrate the police nationwide. in just the last week 72 cops in philadelphia alone were recently put on "administrative leave" after it was revealed that they were too stupid to lock down their social media accounts where they shared their racist memes.

weird how despite those very real stories existing you were more concerned with your made up "research." who is walking around what here? people like you exist to deny brutality up to the point where it is completely undeniable. you then offer a meaningless "yeah that was bad" before moving on to your next defense. but you don't walk around the problem. how could you when you so clearly are the problem?

1 minute ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

how often do you get accused of being "very intelligent" officer? do you feel like there's a lot of brain power in your department?

studies show that police beat their partners at a rate 2-4x that of the national average. research conducted by the fbi revealed a concerted effort by white supremacists to infiltrate the police nationwide. in just the last week 72 cops in philadelphia alone were recently put on "administrative leave" after it was revealed that they were too stupid to lock down their social media accounts where they shared their racist memes.

weird how despite those very real stories existing you were more concerned with your made up "research." who is walking around what here? people like you exist to deny brutality up to the point where it is completely undeniable. you then offer a meaningless "yeah that was bad" before moving on to your next defense. but you don't walk around the problem. how could you when you so clearly are the problem?

Because I was addressing one specific clip here to try to understand what the issue with it was from your perspective because it seemed pretty cut and dry on the side of not being unreasonable. And you still haven't spoken on that. 

Yeah, domestic violence sucks. Yeah, domestic violence by cops sucks. What the hell do you want there? Yeah, white supremacists suck. So now all cops are presumed to be white supremacists? Or cops are presumed to be spouse abusers? Philly has always been a hell hole, why are you shocked there? 

Weird how despite the fact that I can agree when things are bad while not hating every cop because I realize individuals are responsible for their own actions, you seem to think I support those idiots. Of course, admitting that would show that you're actually the problem here but whatever.

12 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Because I was addressing one specific clip here to try to understand what the issue with it was from your perspective because it seemed pretty cut and dry on the side of not being unreasonable. And you still haven't spoken on that. 

anyone who takes your calls for "community policing" seriously after seeing your reaction to that video and the rappin' cop's video is a rube. you don't belong here. you're not here in good faith. you're PR.

Yeah, domestic violence sucks. Yeah, domestic violence by cops sucks. What the hell do you want there?

i want to know why abusers are drawn to the profession and not weeded out. it's almost as if they have traits desirable to the position :thinking:

Yeah, white supremacists suck. So now all cops are presumed to be white supremacists?

it's literally best practice to assume so until proven otherwise. they have done nothing to curb the spread within their departments. it's almost as if they have traits desirable to the position :thinking:

Philly has always been a hell hole, why are you shocked there? 

philadelphia, la, ny, chicago, baltimore, cleveland, columbus, st louis, phoenix, milwaukee, boston, etc

it's everywhere. your attempts to diminish that won't go unnoticed.

Weird how despite the fact that I can agree when things are bad

certainly not bad enough to compel you to do anything about it. best we've gotten is a rappin' cop who was shortly after exposed. you want "communication" and "community policing" up until it's time to blame a black victim for yet another cop's aggression. you don't have any answers that acknowledge the uh very obvious role police play in these cases. you're here to run cover for bad cops. the end.

Edited by GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

4 hours ago, lightsout said:

Cute. Still haven't pointed out the wrong here. And unless you're prepared to argue that nobody has to obey lawful commands, you have nothing. This guy was afforded opportunities to walk away and didn't take them. He had no business there and was asked to step away. He was then warned what would happen if he didn't just simply back up. He refused again. He got shoved, again avoiding use of taser in favor of something else. He refused again. He got tased. What. Is. The. Issue?

that cop is a punk bitch and so are you if you see nothing wrong with how he engaged and escalated the situation.

54 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

that cop is a punk bitch and so are you if you see nothing wrong with how he engaged and escalated the situation.

Man that video is eerily similar to the other one that @lightsout defended to the nth degree.   Lightsout is totally fine with cops escalating a situation and inciting violence. 

We have a police problem in this country. 

34 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

Man that video is eerily similar to the other one that @lightsout defended to the nth degree.   Lightsout is totally fine with cops escalating a situation and inciting violence. 

We have a police problem in this country. 

"one of the good ones" repeatedly sees no problem with cementheaded cops zipping up into otherwise handled situations and escalating them as dramatically as possible and then shrugging it off as a situation with no good outcomes either way

people like lightsout think they're part of the solution because they aren't actively shooting minorities and because they reeeeeally care but they're symptomatic of policing culture in this country. 

• Pie 2