• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thebigcat

Do you think Jerry Richardson cost us a Superbowl?

Whether it's not firing a coach at the right time, not hiring the right front office guys or not letting them do the job that needs to be done. Do you think his stubborn ways cost the franchise a Lombardi?

Think of the talent we've had over the years. I firmly feel now in retrospect his meddling cost at least one Superbowl to Charlotte

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

Well this thread is dumb.. But at least it's not about Gettleman and the giants haha

Thanks caller 1

It's a fair question. I will assume you're talking about recent.

Depends on how you look at it. Could be argued Jerry's idiotic decisions leading to the 2010 crisis led to us getting Cam and a new future, but also his conservative policy strapping down Cam and the Panthers full potential.

1 minute ago, thebigcat said:

Whether it's not firing a coach at the right time, not hiring the right front office guys or not letting them do the job that needs to be done. Do you think his stubborn ways cost the franchise a Lombardi?

Think of the talent we've had over the years. I firmly feel now in retrospect his meddling cost at least one Superbowl to Charlotte

if he told Kasay to kick it out of bounds maybe, but I doubt it...

Well right now I’m afraid that the league won’t allow us to advance in the playoffs and win the superbowl. With JRs bad press right now the fix could be in. NFL will be in full fledge madden story mode.

2014 SF playoff game, SB50, y’all know what I mean?

JR never did it right when fox’s contract expired and he let him leave. he should’ve let marty walk out the door, got ernie accorsi to give a recommendation then, and the gettleman era would’ve started and he would’ve been able to hand pick his coaching staff like the giants are going to let him do right now.

but of course, we’re talking about jerry richardson here, and we decided to get a new coach before we decided to get a new GM, and when we got a new GM, it wasn’t long after we got a new coach. so, in theory, the way a front office should be run is the head coach reports to the general manager. the general manager doesn’t have to report to anybody, but if the team looks like a disaster, then the owner should step in and fire the general manager.

but the way this front office has been running, apparently, is that the head coach reports to the owner and the general manager reports to the owner? it sure as poo looked that way. 

1 hour ago, thebigcat said:

How many snaps has he played ?

get out of the rearview mirror and look towards the future.

Nope , but he will help motivate the payers and organization getting one in cpl of months.

His best move was Extending Rivera and firing DG that will lead to a SB win in February.

:100_Emoji_42x42::100_Emoji_42x42::100_Emoji_42x42::100_Emoji_42x42:

:)

Yes and twice. Both 2004 and 2016  could have been super bowl years but JR like always cheaped out and cost us. Almost every time after a super bowl old man JR has dragged this franchise down and thank God he is being forced to sell. 

Hmmmmm, if the Panthers win the Super Bowl will JR get up there to accept the lombardi?

2 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Well this thread is dumb.. But at least it's not about Gettleman and the giants haha

I don't think it is actually....it is a fair question because he was clearly a meddling owner.

So in fairness to both of our GMs in the hot topic we don't know just how hindered they were. That being said I do think he cost us a SB or two and definitely cost us in other ways that we won't  ever even know about.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Vivek Sharma

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts