• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

QB Coach Available

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Cowboys are firing QB Coach Wade Wilson.

Wilson has long been considered one of the better quarterback coaches in the league. It's speculated that he and other coaches that are being let go are scapegoats for Jason Garrett.

Wilson and Rivera have never worked together but they played against each other as division rivals for several years when Wilson was with the Vikings.

Won't lie. I'd can Ken Dorsey for Wilson in a heartbeat.

Not surprising you want to can Hurney, Rivera and Shula. Just add one more to the list.

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

With no salary cap on coaches, why in the world wouldn't you want to hire the best QB coach you can get your hands on for your franchise QB?

For the same reason you see no need to look for a better OC?

49 minutes ago, stirs said:

How old is Cam?

What exactly are you trying to say? Do quarterbacks of a certain age not require quality QB coaches?

55 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd can Ken Dorsey for Wilson in a heartbeat.

"Family" don't do that kind of thing, dawg.

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

With no salary cap on coaches, why in the world wouldn't you want to hire the best QB coach you can get your hands on for your franchise QB?

This has long been my pet peeve.  Bronco's beat us because they invested in Wade Phillips.  Then they gave all the other coaches raises and extensions and balked at giving both to Phillips.  Rams jump in, pay the man and bam, Division Winners.

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

"Family" don't do that kind of thing, dawg.

Are we a family or a business?

I think that's a decision that needs to be made very soon.

Would be a great move as Cam still struggles at seemingly simple issues like footwork and finding open receivers at times, but I won't hold my breath.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think that's a decision that needs to be made very soon.

Haven't had back to back winning seasons as a family in 20 years, maybe we should give business a try. 

Anyone making comments concerning changing our coaching staff/FO should be banned for life and tattooed with FAKE FAN on their forehead.

24 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Haven't had back to back winning seasons as a family in 20 years, maybe we should give business a try. 

We did, and it worked, but then it hurt people's feelings so we fired it.

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A wise and poignant question, Senor Scot.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Getting Newton a real quarterback coach, and one with a reputation like Wilson, would be a phenomenal move.

But you're right, we probably won't.

I've honestly never seen this coaching staff hire because it would improve the team. Not once. 

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Not surprising you want to can Hurney, Rivera and Shula. Just add one more to the list.

I do agree with Scot on this --how much improvement have we seen in Cam's mechanics ?

1 hour ago, Floppin said:

What exactly are you trying to say? Do quarterbacks of a certain age not require quality QB coaches?

He has horrible mechanics, still, to this day.  You don't think any of the QB coaches from high school till now have tried to school him on such?  I am just thinking that he is set and it would be very hard to make that change now