• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

QB Coach Available

No

There were a few good moments but this team looked far too inept far too often for me to feel good about them.  What is more, this season does not leave me excited for the next.  I felt better about the 7-8-1 team than I do right now.  That team felt like they were trending up.  This team does not feel like they are trending anywhere, nor do I get the sense they care to.  They are just existing, and it feels as if they are okay with that.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Wade Wilson has been QB coach for one pro team Dallas and his claim to fame is Tony Romo and Dak Prescott. Sorry but I think both are overated especially Romo who routinely was bad at playoff time. So if we look at the success Wilson has had for one team honestly I don't see him as much of an upgrade. Some folks here dislike our staff so much they routinely tout every alternative as manna from heaven. 

Wrong. He coached the Bears with Grossman in their Super Bowl year. He returned to the Cowboys afterward.

And I have to amend my original after rechecking.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wrong. He coached the Bears with Grossman in their Super Bowl year. He returned to the Cowboys afterward.

And I have to amend my original after rechecking.

Coaching Rex is a great addition to one's resume.

1 minute ago, ras977 said:

Coaching Rex is a great addition to one's resume.

Coaching Rex to a Super Bowl is, I'd say.

Bigger deal to me though is that in the original post, I had the dates wrong. Wilson and Rivera are, in fact, former colleagues.

News just dropped that Aaron Rodgers QB Coach Alex Van Pelt is being let go as well.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Bigger deal to me though is that in the original post, I had the dates wrong. Wilson and Rivera are, in fact, former colleagues.

Agree--but the Bears were in the Super Bowl, DESPITE Grossman.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Probably more credit goes to the OC, Ron Turner who managed to score points with Orton and Grossman and scheme to his strengths, in other words develop the running game. 

54 minutes ago, ras977 said:

Agree--but the Bears were in the Super Bowl, DESPITE Grossman.

Eehhh, you can't entirely say that. Grossman had his moments. 

People used to say that about Delhomme too. Heck, even Shula isn't completely incompetent.

11 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Probably more credit goes to the OC, Ron Turner who managed to score points with Orton and Grossman and scheme to his strengths, in other words develop the running game. 

Ron's working with us now too.

Who knows? He might also be interested in bringing Wilson aboard.

35 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Eehhh, you can't entirely say that. Grossman had his moments. 

People used to say that about Delhomme too. Heck, even Shula isn't completely incompetent.

Ron's working with us now too.

Who knows? He might also be interested in bringing Wilson aboard.

Might tell us how good our staff thinks Wilson is. Hard to get excited about guys getting fired at their position of strength. Unless like Shula could be one day, Wilson was let go as a scapegoat for someone else.

40 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Might tell us how good our staff thinks Wilson is. Hard to get excited about guys getting fired at their position of strength. Unless like Shula could be one day, Wilson was let go as a scapegoat for someone else.

Jones' ego won't let him fire Jason Garrett.

Rivera, Shula and Hurney,... 3 turds held in office because of a turd owner that could have played one of the Dukes in Trading Places,..

I cant wait until judgement day.

Looking good Billy Ray,...

Feeling Good

18 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jones' ego won't let him fire Jason Garrett.

Garrett must have something on Jones. Even ego which Jones has in abundance,wouldn't totally explain his reluctance to can Garrett at some point.

15 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I don't believe the best QB coach in the world with Cam would matter. 

Cam still gonna Cam.

Unfortunately I fear that may be true. He should be making the biggest effort to fix his own mechanics. With 100 million in the bank and another potential 100 million contract in a few years, he could hire anyone in the world to work with him in the offseason to get things straight.

10 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Garrett must have something on Jones. Even ego which Jones has in abundance,wouldn't totally explain his reluctance to can Garrett at some point.

Jones thinks it reflects really well on him that one of his former players is a head coach.

Image is a big deal in Jerry's world.