• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

mc52beast

Bucs fire DC Mike Smith

22 minutes ago, Lee89 said:

rivera should fire eric washington and take over the defense himself and stay out out of the offense play calling.

Rivera stays out of the offensive play calling, he just decided if we go for it or not on certain plays. 

18 minutes ago, Lee89 said:

rivera should fire eric washington and take over the defense himself and stay out out of the offense play calling.

This is a tough one. I feel that Rivera’s game management decisions are just plain awful. Dude was wanting to qb sneak on a 4th and 1 with 16 seconds and no TOs against the Giants. He could possibly do something similarly on the defenisve side. He’s got a great defensive mind but changing on the fly is not his forte. 

I view Washington in similar light. We blitz Luke an awful lot and consistently have our dbs way off the line. He could improve given it’s his first year, but if we have a losing record, he will need to go. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Rivera stays out of the offensive play calling, he just decided if we go for it or not on certain plays. 

I wonder how many HCs stay out of both O and D play calling? A lot usually do one or the other. Bill Belichek let’s his coordinators make calls, but he steps in quite a bit. From what I have seen, RR does not step in as much. I could very easily be wrong though. Crap this sucks, I just wish we would dominate a team this year, I’d feel a lot better.

7 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I wonder how many HCs stay out of both O and D play calling? A lot usually do one or the other. Bill Belichek let’s his coordinators make calls, but he steps in quite a bit. From what I have seen, RR does not step in as much. I could very easily be wrong though. Crap this sucks, I just wish we would dominate a team this year, I’d feel a lot better.

I hope this doesn't come across as snarky, because that's no my intention, but how would we know how often BB or RR steps in unless they tell us in a press conference. 

They went from Toast of Town to Turds of Town quickly

I feel bad for D coordinators in the NFL. League has been structured in a way that every game is now a shootout.

Having a 300yd game used to a BIG DEAL in the 90s, now it's the norm

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

I think he takes a hand in the defensive game planning when he feels like he should. 

I remember a few years back it was reported that he pretty much came up with the game plan.

offensively speaking I don’t believe he says anything about the play to play calls other than deciding to go for it or not. Never felt like Rivera has ever tried to control the offense for better or worse

• Pie 1

It's starting to look like promoting Washington to DC was a mistake. Not just because he's struggled as DC, but also because the DL has struggled white possibly in part because coaching the DL is no longer Washington's focus. It seems like with one move we got significantly weaker at two spots. 

• Cargos 1

2 hours ago, trueblade said:

I hope this doesn't come across as snarky, because that's no my intention, but how would we know how often BB or RR steps in unless they tell us in a press conference. 

Not snarky at all, that’s a fair question. I guess I just mean I don’t see him talk too much on the sideline. Maybe he does more on his head set than I realize. I am probably just being overdramatic. 

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

I think he takes a hand in the defensive game planning when he feels like he should. 

I remember a few years back it was reported that he pretty much came up with the game plan.

offensively speaking I don’t believe he says anything about the play to play calls other than deciding to go for it or not. Never felt like Rivera has ever tried to control the offense for better or worse

I’m sure you are correct, I was not thinking before I spoke and just went off emotion. I sort of hope he doesn’t have a say on O. He’s a defensive guy, he brought his own guy in to be OC, I would let him make the call. I would also have no problem with him taking over for Washington. Looking at what you are saying, he probably does more than I know and I should probably keep my mouth shut. 

Its really not hard for Ron to take over defensively and tell Washington to go back to the DL. And people have the nerve to say getting rid of Ron is an overreaction. No, Ron just wait until its pretty much over to do things