• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Saca312

Donte Jackson has allowed the lowest passer rating (54) of any rookie DB by 10+ this far.

Donte, DJ and Ian are going to be studs. And maybe Gaulden could be at some point too. Less confident in Haynes but maybe he'll contribute at some point.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Well, on the bright side, our rookie is really good.

Ironically it seems like corner is the least worrisome part of our defense. Even when we're getting attacked through the air it seems like most of the targets are in the middle of the field.

2 minutes ago, emhoward said:

Ironically it seems like corner is the least worrisome part of our defense. Even when we're getting attacked through the air it seems like most of the targets are in the middle of the field.

Very true. If the pass rush improves, we would be much better. I will say though, we are always 7 yards off of WRs, so they can just run quick slants and have a free 5-7 yards across the middle. Maybe press more? 

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Donte, DJ and Ian are going to be studs. And maybe Gaulden could be at some point too. Less confident in Haynes but maybe he'll contribute at some point.

I would like to see Gaulden get most of the starting reps at safety honestly. He has looked very steady when he has been out there the last couple games.

The Haynes pick still makes no sense to me. The guy would be way undersized as a 3-4 OLB and we are trying to use him as a 4-3 DE. He was just a late 4th and I really like what we did on our first 4 picks but still wtf Hurney.

It’s really odd when corner is the strength of a Carolina Panthers defense. Bradberry isn’t chasing as much this year, he’s always glued to his eye, Jackson is a homing missile whenever a ball is thrown his way.

Baller!

He's like a missle the way he took out Vernon Davis' legs. Just a flash of white then Bam!

2 hours ago, Bartin said:

I would like to see Gaulden get most of the starting reps at safety honestly. He has looked very steady when he has been out there the last couple games.

The Haynes pick still makes no sense to me. The guy would be way undersized as a 3-4 OLB and we are trying to use him as a 4-3 DE. He was just a late 4th and I really like what we did on our first 4 picks but still wtf Hurney.

I don’t think Gaulden has looked good yet. I’m not sure if he’ll ever be a good starter. Haynes was dumb. Looks great in one on one speed drills just using speed but in preseason he was swallowed up on run plays. Especially hurts knowing that Crosby (T for Oregon) went after him. He’s the guy who beat out the schlub Detroit three ya. 

2 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

It’s really odd when corner is the strength of a Carolina Panthers defense. Bradberry isn’t chasing as much this year, he’s always glued to his eye, Jackson is a homing missile whenever a ball is thrown his way.

Sounds painful

I just want to make sure he gets his proper recognition because I just heard them talking about Denzel Ward maybe rookie of the year I was thinking Donte is actually better it seems he can NOT get the same acknowledgment.

Edited by trucpfan