• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

PhillyB

Caping for nazis - a thread about NC Proud Boys

great story, i'm glad they made the best decision for the community (which in turn is the best decision for their business).

i have a similar story about a friend of mine who, while he wasn't a proud boy, he was a /pol/ poster who had made some questionable decisions and statements when he thought the alt-right was just ironic memes, and then had a wake up call when Charlottesville happened and ran as fast as he could from the right wing and actually turned into a good person by every account i've heard since i last spoke with him. and despite all of that it's still hard to really trust that he actually abandoned it and isn't anonymously posting on nazi boards somewhere and just claims he left it because he wanted a job at a big company he was applying for.

redemption and self discovery and growth is possible and people need to be given a chance to become better people, but when the evidence doesn't point to it and they're still doing harm to the community then bye bitch

30 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

if it's the case im thinking of i knew the guy got fired but didn't know you were involved in it. good work.

there were two within a couple days. one dude tattooed proud boy on a dudes arm, got poo for it apparently having no clue what it was, got blowback, said fug you I tattoo what I want, found out it was a neo-nazi group and flipped out and disavowed it. perfectly plausible.

second dude that the OP is about is as yet unfired, but hasn't been at work in a week, and the owner went from i'm not firing him at the beginning of the meeting to do you guys think i should fire him in the middle of it to oh fug oh fug i have to fire him don't i by the end.

it remains to be seen whether they make the right decision.

• Pie 1

There's a tattoo shop here in Charlotte that I've heard bad things about as well. It's only hearsay since I haven't been there, but I trust my source. No idea about any affiliations, but lots of overt racism. Such a bummer. 

“Be proud of your boy”

NO!

”brain injury”

Edited by Gazi

On 11/6/2018 at 9:19 AM, rodeo said:

redemption and self discovery and growth is possible and people need to be given a chance to become better people, but when the evidence doesn't point to it and they're still doing harm to the community then bye bitch

This is where a lot of my conflict on the issue has historically been centered. I've got my own history of redemption at the hands of patient leftists and that's something I've always tried to extend to others.

The problem I have with clear and present dangers like activist white supremacy (as opposed to passive, corn fed conservatism) is rehabbing them comes directly at the expense of their victims who have to endure the process. Rehabbing nazis is white privilege because if I fail I don't take the fall for it and I don't walk by a tattoo shop knowing they privileged his well-being over my ability to walk into a store without a Proud Boy being protected there.

Five years ago I would've said "give him a chance" over the internet, now I met with the shop owner to tell him "fire the fuger" to his face. The times we're living in demand direct action from leftists and this is one very small manifestation of it. I hope everyone starts leaving their armchairs for this poo. It makes a discernible difference 

11 minutes ago, Darkseid said:

Did this man hurt anyone? Did his beliefs affect you, other than you not agreeing? Had he had complaints from minorities? Had he committed any crime?

If the answer to this is "No", then you are a fuging punk. It is not your job to censor the beliefs of the world. If he in some way acted on those beliefs or hurt someone then I could understand the outrage, but otherwise you assisted in getting a man with a family fired from his job, for no other reason than his thoughts? fug you. 

waiting for a nazi to inevitably hurt you before you act against them is what led to millions of people being slaughtered. anti-fascism is self defense.

someone in his circle just murdered 11 jews. "but HE didn't, just one of his buddies. you have to wait for each individual nazi to hurt somebody!"

Edited by rodeo

4 minutes ago, Darkseid said:

So we go around persecuting people for what we think they might do? That is exactly what happens to POC. People make judgements based on what they perceive to be true, and stop the future crime through persecuting POC. It's okay to do that now?

fuging backwards ass thinking. I guess it flies here, though.

So you think members of white supremacist groups should be employed at your place of business? The owner fired the guy after listening to all parties. Gavin McInnes has made it clear what his organization is about. If you decide to join and represent, you know what you're doing, and shouldn't be surprised when people who disagree with you distance themselves from your backward, evil mindset, or even actively fight you.  

• Pie 1

its something to think about.  what do we do with the 6% of the country that are nazis?   do we just make them go back to the shadows like was done before?  do we make them unemployable in any circles that aren't nazi, further radicalizing them?   or do we execute them?     i'm for execution.    that's just me. 

yeah, killing nazis.   its not a new concept nazi boy.    would you rather have life in prison, or death?   i think life in prison is cruel and inhumane.   death to nazis is humane for the rest of us.