Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thebigcat

Missing Huddlers Alert

Johnny Rockets was actually on here yesterday. He's not on here all the time but comes frequently enough.

SCP? Don't know. his Twitter is active and I think he calls WFNZ from time to time.

I thought somebody had said that Catman was having health issues.

I can’t speak to those guys, but this place has changed a lot in the 12(?) or so years I have been here. 

People come and go. Could be they have moved on with their lives, new job, new family situation, etc...

I know this won’t be a popular comment, but the Huddles content quality has taken a significant drop in the last 2-3 years. The Huddle used to be a great place to get inside scoops, hot takes, original articles, and good football (and non-football) conversation.  I feel like the Huddle, at times can be overly moderated, too political, and more catered to troll accounts/posts for heated debate and click$. 

There also is a lot more competition for Panthers media these days as well.  Bleacher Report does a good job of bringing multiple articles together in a clean, easy to navigate way. Also the app is really great. I’m not saying BR writes good articles, because they can be horrible, I’m just commenting on the platform. 

Also, there has been an emergence of the Roaring Riots media. They do weekly videos, emails, podcasts, etc. I can only see that platform continue to get bigger/better as the fan base continues to grow. 

All in all, the Huddle is what you make it. It fills the void for many Panther fans between games and seasons. And kudos to Jeremy (who I hope doesn’t take offense to my post) for keeping this place alive and for his 1000 page game picture articles. 

14 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Wheres fat Alice with his nice calves and peanut butter loving dog

You’re looking at him. Lol (psst it’s the OP)

14 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

I can’t speak to those guys, but this place has changed a lot in the 12(?) or so years I have been here. 

People come and go. Could be they have moved on with their lives, new job, new family situation, etc...

I know this won’t be a popular comment, but the Huddles content quality has taken a significant drop in the last 2-3 years. The Huddle used to be a great place to get inside scoops, hot takes, original articles, and good football (and non-football) conversation.  I feel like the Huddle, at times can be overly moderated, too political, and more catered to troll accounts/posts for heated debate and click$. 

There also is a lot more competition for Panthers media these days as well.  Bleacher Report does a good job of bringing multiple articles together in a clean, easy to navigate way. Also the app is really great. I’m not saying BR writes good articles, because they can be horrible, I’m just commenting on the platform. 

Also, there has been an emergence of the Roaring Riots media. They do weekly videos, emails, podcasts, etc. I can only see that platform continue to get bigger/better as the fan base continues to grow. 

All in all, the Huddle is what you make it. It fills the void for many Panther fans between games and seasons. And kudos to Jeremy (who I hope doesn’t take offense to my post) for keeping this place alive and for his 1000 page game picture articles. 

Well stated ^

12 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

This times a million. I also felt the forum took a giant quality hit when they seperated off to a premium forum with exclusive content.

Now the free forum is Thunderdome! 

29 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

I'm so old to this board that I still remember ClayJ's signing off post

Meh, it's about the same as it has been overall except for the 2015 year, which brought out the best in everyone. Things are just more fun when you're the best team in the league.

This place ebbs and flows.  I for one avoid this place like he plague after a loss.  It's toxic. 

Also good posters don't waste their time much  anymore because you can type a well though otu post and the only response you get is.. Your a homer/hater. 

A new generation will migrate on soon enough.