• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

top dawg

89, Bottom Line, says stop blaming Cam's shoulder

Cam's footwork obviously isn't as polished as it could be, but I think a lot of his problems with footwork come from a collapsing pocket. Hard to step into a throw when your line is falling back on you, or you're having to tuck and run for the yards yourself. He also has a hurt shoulder. Anyone denying this is part of the problem is delusional. Smitty was the greatest Panther, but last I checked, he's not a doctor. I think his focus on footwork is reasonable, because with a sore shoulder, if you step into your throws, they'll still have more touch on them, but still. There are a number of things going on with Cam, some on him, and some on others. 

• Pie 6

3 minutes ago, leoslayer said:

I really wish the guy would work on it.

I just don't think he cares.

Of course everytime I point out that his feet and hips are wide open pointed left of the target I'm told I'm an idiot or racist. 

He needs to fix it this offseason. 

Yes he has foot work issues at times, but if you don't see that Cam throwing motion has changed and at times he's not following through with his release I don't know what to tell you

• Pie 3

There's something to the shoulder but it's being used as an excuse for poor decisions too. There are those who blame Newton for everything and those who have an excuse for all criticism. Both are out of line.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 5

Just now, leoslayer said:

If someone with the All 22 package had the ability to post misses from behind I think we would see that most misses point to his feet.

Steve's not wrong tho.

It’s funny how with the same footwork he’s been completing those passes all season. He is clearly compensating, but hey let’s throw cam under the bus while we do everything in our power to absolve the moron head coach from blame.

• Pie 1

I think it’s just a habit he’s built over his time playing. A similar situation, I’ve played tennis since I was 10 and I consistently keep an open stance on my forehand and it works most of the time. When I concentrate on it though, I know that I should be lining up my hip. But, sports require a lot of passive muscle control which is where bad habits like that will take over. I feel like having consistent pressure in the pocket is what causes him to revert to this open stance/back foot throw, which I understand completely.

• Pie 1

He had such a strong arm he really didn't need to focus on mechanics. But now that its injured the poor mechanics are magnified. He gets worse as the game progresses because in his head he can still throw darts but his arm says no. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

bad mechanics could possibly be the reason for bad shoulder

Throwing absolute lasers for 10 years without any power from your legs is sure to tear any shoulder unfortunately. Tbh I wouldn’t expect anything better next year if he needs surgery again because it’ll be the same thing midway through the season.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

It’s funny how with the same footwork he’s been completing those passes all season. He is clearly compensating, but hey let’s throw cam under the bus while we do everything in our power to absolve the moron head coach from blame.

Very few if any are still resolving the coach, we know he should go... 

We're talking about what's going on with Cam. As in, when Rivera is gone next year, what Cam will we see?