Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Eagles looking to trade Foles. Would you want him?

1 hour ago, Gucceland said:

Guess you missed my point.  I don't think Foles success in Philly will translate to success for other teams.  I think Philly is a great fit for Foles, just like Carolina was a great fit for Delhomme.  Neither are stand alone types of QBs that could succeed in multiple systems or on multiple teams.

I didn’t miss your point.

in some regard that is true.

the thing is again some coaches adapt to their players and some don’t know what that is.

Had Jake been on a team with better coaches he could have been better or if he were on a team more square than ours(if that were possible), he would Be worst.

Cam could have been on a team that would have put him in much better chances to win— and he could have gone somewhere the opposite.

12 hours ago, Gucceland said:

Guess you missed my point.  I don't think Foles success in Philly will translate to success for other teams.  I think Philly is a great fit for Foles, just like Carolina was a great fit for Delhomme.  Neither are stand alone types of QBs that could succeed in multiple systems or on multiple teams.

Guess again?

15 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Guess again?

Well then...you missed my point.  Foles QBR rating with Rams proves my point.  

56 minutes ago, Gucceland said:

Well then...you missed my point.  Foles QBR rating with Rams proves my point.  

When someone likes or dislikes someone they will use confirmation bias until they turn blue.

Nick Foles goes 10-6 for Chip Kelly, goes to the Rams under Jeff Fisher— all that needs to be said about that team— and then winning like crazy for Doug Pederson.

we all get by now you don’t like the guy— pulling silly comparisons to playing with a loser coach don’t make your point stronger— it makes your argument weak and without substance.

if Foles played for the Vikings last year, or Sean McVae now or for Chicago, or in tampa even under Koetter he would be just fine. 

Its a mute point really— he’s going to end up staying with the Eagles— would be career suicide for a Pederson to trade him and then suck with Wentz next year.

3 hours ago, JARROD said:

When someone likes or dislikes someone they will use confirmation bias until they turn blue.

Nick Foles goes 10-6 for Chip Kelly, goes to the Rams under Jeff Fisher— all that needs to be said about that team— and then winning like crazy for Doug Pederson.

we all get by now you don’t like the guy— pulling silly comparisons to playing with a loser coach don’t make your point stronger— it makes your argument weak and without substance.

if Foles played for the Vikings last year, or Sean McVae now or for Chicago, or in tampa even under Koetter he would be just fine. 

Its a mute point really— he’s going to end up staying with the Eagles— would be career suicide for a Pederson to trade him and then suck with Wentz next year.

Look.  Foles is a journeyman....not a starter...never been a starter and may never be a starter if he resigns with Philly.

In 7 Seasons he has played 54 games including playoffs, meaning averaged playing 1/3 of the seasons including playoff games every year, but the truth is 5 of those seasons he played 30 games including playoffs and the teams he played on played 85 games.  That is a BACKUP!  He is a backup and has not ever played a full season.  The most he played was 13 games and 11 games and the 13 games for Chip Kelly inflated his stats, due to the offensive scheme, Jeff Fisher's 11 offense brought him back to earth.  

Foles is a flyer...a Cousins...a Bradford...a Keenum...if you want to blow your wade on a guy like that, then you will be exactly where Minnesota, Arizona and Denver are right now...watching the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Gucceland said:

Look.  Foles is a journeyman....not a starter...never been a starter and may never be a starter if he resigns with Philly.

In 7 Seasons he has played 54 games including playoffs, meaning averaged playing 1/3 of the seasons including playoff games every year, but the truth is 5 of those seasons he played 30 games including playoffs and the teams he played on played 85 games.  That is a BACKUP!  He is a backup and has not ever played a full season.  The most he played was 13 games and 11 games and the 13 games for Chip Kelly inflated his stats, due to the offensive scheme, Jeff Fisher's 11 offense brought him back to earth.  

Foles is a flyer...a Cousins...a Bradford...a Keenum...if you want to blow your wade on a guy like that, then you will be exactly where Minnesota, Arizona and Denver are right now...watching the playoffs.

Foles is a Super Bowl winning QB and a Super Bowl MVP....something the Panthers have never had.

37 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Foles is a Super Bowl winning QB and a Super Bowl MVP....something the Panthers have never had.

2 hours ago, Gucceland said:

Minnesota is where they are pulling exactly the kind of crap Chip pulled in Phily.

he went 10-6, decided that his quarterback could be improved with Sam bradford— a “starter” as you call it, and that’s how the cookie crumbles looking for a “starter”

Minni goes and pulls the same crap— trades Case Keenum,.. winner,.. and overpaying a “starter”— gee I bet Mike Zimmer made a comment like you did—

um— Case is a “flyer”, a journeyman,.. the MVP type season, the playoffs, the Minnesota Miracle— all an aberration, let’s get us a starter— Kirk Cousins— a real starter boys.

burned.

i don’t blame you. There’s people who make lots more money for us that bet on “starters” all the time.

the last time I checked,,. closers outclass starters any day. 

50 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Minnesota is where they are pulling exactly the kind of crap Chip pulled in Phily.

he went 10-6, decided that his quarterback could be improved with Sam bradford— a “starter” as you call it, and that’s how the cookie crumbles looking for a “starter”

Minni goes and pulls the same crap— trades Case Keenum,.. winner,.. and overpaying a “starter”— gee I bet Mike Zimmer made a comment like you did—

um— Case is a “flyer”, a journeyman,.. the MVP type season, the playoffs, the Minnesota Miracle— all an aberration, let’s get us a starter— Kirk Cousins— a real starter boys.

burned.

i don’t blame you. There’s people who make lots more money for us that bet on “starters” all the time.

the last time I checked,,. closers outclass starters any day. 

Bingo.

Foles 4-1 in the playoffs.  SB Champion and SB MVP.

3 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Bingo.

Foles 4-1 in the playoffs.  SB Champion and SB MVP.

How do you know you have the right guy?

the other team is going home and your guy is still standing.

Closer versus Starter,..

Tom Brady wasn’t a “starter” and neither was Drew Brees,.. they were other teams castaways,.. “journeymen” as our gentle poster put it,..

Tom Brady proved himself a closer.

Jake Delhomme was a closer,... Kurt Warner was a closer.

those guys weren’t starters on anyone else’s teams,.. would have been put in a basement somewhere.

good coaches change to the strengths of their players,.. and they look for closers,.. those guys that are going to make big time plays in big time moments.

Foles has shown he’s that— but you get the guys out there that still want their “starters”

12 hours ago, JARROD said:

How do you know you have the right guy?

the other team is going home and your guy is still standing.

Closer versus Starter,..

Tom Brady wasn’t a “starter” and neither was Drew Brees,.. they were other teams castaways,.. “journeymen” as our gentle poster put it,..

Tom Brady proved himself a closer.

Jake Delhomme was a closer,... Kurt Warner was a closer.

those guys weren’t starters on anyone else’s teams,.. would have been put in a basement somewhere.

good coaches change to the strengths of their players,.. and they look for closers,.. those guys that are going to make big time plays in big time moments.

Foles has shown he’s that— but you get the guys out there that still want their “starters”

Don't even know where to begin with this post.  Lumping Brady and Brees in as castaways and journeymen is silly.  Brees starter after his rookie season.  San Diego moved on from Brees, because they believed he was injured and they had a top pick.  He was great in San Diego.  Brees's worst season in San Diego is better than any season Foles has ever played.  Tom Brady started after his rookie season and took the starting job, after stepping in and winning and he never stopped winning.  They were never compatible to Delhomme or Foles who are both journeymen.  

Journeyman doesn't mean they can't win, it means that they haven't found the right system/coach that works for them.  It also means they are not studs like Brees or Brady.  Delhomme and Foles both eventually landed in a successful situation and they were both very successful.  Back to my original statement.  Foles is GREAT for Philly and the system they are using, but I don't see him being GREAT many other places.  Foles isn't lighting it up, he's simply winning.  Now that has as much to do with the Coach as anything else.  Delhomme and Foles are backups who landed in the right spot to succeed.  Why would we risk the next few years and trade for a back up, journeyman?

37 minutes ago, Gucceland said:

Don't even know where to begin with this post.  Lumping Brady and Brees in as castaways and journeymen is silly.  Brees starter after his rookie season.  San Diego moved on from Brees, because they believed he was injured and they had a top pick.  He was great in San Diego.  Brees's worst season in San Diego is better than any season Foles has ever played.  Tom Brady started after his rookie season and took the starting job, after stepping in and winning and he never stopped winning.  They were never compatible to Delhomme or Foles who are both journeymen.  

Journeyman doesn't mean they can't win, it means that they haven't found the right system/coach that works for them.  It also means they are not studs like Brees or Brady.  Delhomme and Foles both eventually landed in a successful situation and they were both very successful.  Back to my original statement.  Foles is GREAT for Philly and the system they are using, but I don't see him being GREAT many other places.  Foles isn't lighting it up, he's simply winning.  Now that has as much to do with the Coach as anything else.  Delhomme and Foles are backups who landed in the right spot to succeed.  Why would we risk the next few years and trade for a back up, journeyman?

I love “not lighting it up, simply winning”

is not winning the most important stat?

And most quarterbacks that succeed landed in the “right place”

good lord

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • There was no sex trafficking going on...100% fake news. Who are you saying makes these "women think this is the only thing they can do"?  You do realize the place was run by some middle aged women, right? Do you care about "the truth"?  Doesn't appear to be the case... https://nypost.com/2019/04/12/prosecutors-concede-no-human-trafficking-in-kraft-spa-case/  
    • Where to begin.... So I like that we picked up with Jon clearly having killing Dany on his mind from the beginning of the episode until he finally did it. I love that tortured look of knowing what must be done because it is right and utterly refusing to accept it until the moment it is done because of his love for her. Great acting sold all of that well. The first half was super tense because of it. Also the visual of the throne being melted and what that represented for the entirety of the series. Just a great scene. Then we move along to the time jump (which we know is a few weeks thanks to Tyrion's monologue). I liked that whole scene as well...what I DIDN'T like was treating Jon the way they did. The Unsullied basically strong-armed them into exiling the actual hero of Westeros. He legitimately saved almost every major character and/or their people at some point in this show and certainly saved the entirety of the North by killing Dany. And to top that off, he's a better person than pretty much anybody at this point. And for his trouble, he gets exiled. Now, because he is a good man, he is exiled to go be with people who also love and adore and follow him. So while it is BS, at least it's not a true punishment beyond his choice in the matter being taken. I mean, he did CHOOSE to go to The Wall the first time around to prove himself. But dammit, he should be praised the land over for what he did. Everybody would be bending the knee to a genocidal maniac or be slaughtered by a genocidal maniac were it not for him. Everybody's roles in the new Six Kingdoms, sure. It is fitting. Sure, Bran becoming king is a tad unexpected. But the way he acted about Tyrion proposing it ("why do you think I came all this way?"). I mean, WHAT?! At no point did you ever suggest that the throne was your endgame but suddenly, once Jon kills Dany, you're all about being the king? The ending montage was cool. Sansa going from scared little bird to the Queen in the North is awesome. Arya doing her own thing under the Stark banner is cool (goes from feeling like she'll never fit into her family because she didn't want to be a lady, to renouncing her name to become a Faceless woMan, to reclaiming her name and finding her place within the family, just a great character arc). Jon being treated as basically the king of the Wildlings is awesome. Do wish we knew how much time had passed that they could rebuild the castle in King's Landing so quickly. Or repair Winterfell such that the great hall was so pristine. Or know if they fixed the gap in the Wall that the Night King came through or if they leave it as there are no longer any White Walkers and no threat North of the wall that we know of. I guess I am satisfied in the ending....but it left a bad taste in my mouth about Jon. I felt for him because it's almost a cautionary tale of what happens to good men who remain good. They end up eventually punished for doing the right thing.