Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

You want to contend again, right?

There are still areas where Cam needs to improve. I’m not just talking about footwork.

1 hour ago, coralreefer_1 said:

I will 99.9% guarantee Shaq will step up. Not because he couldnt before, but more because the he will now be allowed to take a position he was drafted for. 

Wasn't Shaq playing this position the first 4 games of the season and was consistently missing tackles and out of position?

17 hours ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Wasn't Shaq playing this position the first 4 games of the season and was consistently missing tackles and out of position?

Were we not a defense led by someone not in that management position anymore? Luke also was missing tackles and looked lie poo until RR took over. Are you prepared to say 59 is poo? 

Love TD, as a person and player. I really wish they brought him back on a low deal as the back up, but I know that back up LBers usually play ST. I have to admit this stings.

58/59 were pretty damn far down my personal list of 2018 performance “problem areas”.

come on #uncfan888  

You want to stalk my posts, but no input. poo on this, but nothing to say. We all know you are petty at this point, but I'm going to tag you and give you one last chance to be an adult and respond. Why are you so sad? Are you taking pills for the little man syndrome?

In case you ain't figured out, we ain't doing good next year. This had to be done with cutting Davis and we need to cut A LOT more. This team underachieved for so long this year especially on the defensive side of the ball. The only worth a poo on defense was Luke and even he was out of it in the beginning.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Letting TD walk signifies the changing of the guard. It also signifies this team is finally willing to do what is necessary to quickly become a contender again.

The bad news: The old look Panthers are no longer a serious contender for the Superbowl. 

The good news: This new look Panthers could be a contender very quickly. 

The Panthers desperately need to get younger, espescially on defense. Everyone loves to complain about how gassed the defense looks all the time. The remedy is finding talented young players who are hungry. You can't do that if you have players in their mid 30s still starting.

TD, Peppers, Adams will be gone.

Shaq will have a year to prove his worth. The Panthers need to really see what he is capable of before they extend him.

Munnerlyn is only 30 but plays in his mid 30s. Panthers can save a couple million if they release him. I suspect that will happen.

This is more than just a roster move. It is a psychological move signifying to up and coming players that real competition will exist on this team.

Younger players will see these positions as job openings. The result will be increased competition resulting in defensive play we can be proud of.

I'm a TD fan, but I am a Panthers fan first and it isn't close. This move and moves to come are completely necessary if we hope to contend again anytime soon.

Need to trade Cam to Jaguars , and draft Murray & Jeffery Simmons with the extra picks 

The defense looked gassed because the safeties took atrocious angles, the nickle corner was trash, the newly-extended DL underperformed, the rookie corner hit the rookie wall, and the playcalling (from both coaches) was insufficient, at best. 

Getting younger makes you better, IF your front office is competent at identifying talent. 

IF. 

If we kept TD we'd still be asking these same questions about Shaq next year with his free agency looming. Now we'll know definitely if he's worth paying or if we need to look elsewhere. It's a good move.

A lot a people were excited when they found out we'd be doing things "the Steeler way"

Well folks, this is the Steeler way.

I agree that the team needs to get younger, and it looks like they are. But the coaching staff is old, bloated, and not hungry for success, which won't change anything that you're saying @Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A lot a people were excited when they found out we'd be doing things "the Steeler way"

Well folks, this is the Steeler way.

A lot of folks also lack fundamental intellect through their blind excitement.