Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

You want to contend again, right?

1 minute ago, PurityControl said:

Got to find something to trust in this team dude.

Cam, CMC and Luke? 

Not resigning Thomas Davis shows a changing of the guards. A changing of the guards would be bringing in a coaching staff that knows how to coach talent,  not letting go of one of our most trusted linebackers. 

51 minutes ago, PurityControl said:

2 out of the three drafted by Hurney.

As a direct result of building some of the league's sh-ttiest teams, and even with them on board still couldn't build a winner until Gettleman came on.

Tepper hasn't earned anything yet. He's one year into being an owner and the only major move he's made so far is to retain a GM / head coach combo with a sub 500 record.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Tepper hasn't earned anything yet. He's one year into being an owner and the only major move he's made so far is to retain a GM / head coach combo with a sub 500 record.

He also painted a new logo on the field and lost 7 straight games. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

As a direct result of building some of the league's sh-ttiest teams, and even with them on board still couldn't build a winner until Gettleman came on.

True, 

But like I said you got to find something in this team to trust, & I'm going with Tepper and the core guys we have especially the youth. 

It’s too easy to knee jerk fire everybody ( I was that guy during the season too)  a new HC/GM doesn't automatically = Wins

I got to trust Teppers process / meetings etc with Hurney and RR, otherwise what I'm going to do? Come on this forum and boo who woe is me bitch and moan for 8 months

Nah, Just trying to find the +  

1 minute ago, PurityControl said:

True, 

But like I said you got to find something in this team to trust, & I'm going with Tepper and the core guys we have especially the youth. 

It’s too easy to knee jerk fire everybody ( I was that guy during the season too)  a new HC/GM doesn't automatically = Wins

I got to trust Teppers process / meetings etc with Hurney and RR, otherwise what I'm going to do? Come on this forum and boo who woe is me bitch and moan for 8 months

Nah, Just trying to find the +  

I understand trying to find the positive, but sometimes it isn't there.

Replacement GMs/coaches are an unknown, but that's not a good argument for sticking with known losers.

Loved watching TD, but I’m not emotionally attached to any player. I could see both side in whether to keep him or release him so whatever. Time to move on.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I understand trying to find the positive, but sometimes it isn't there.

Replacement GMs/coaches are an unknown, but that's not a good argument for sticking with known losers.

Guess I'm not down on RR/Hurney as most are, but constant bitching about what is already done is a waste of energy. 

I can certainly stick it out one more year with them. 

& If they can't get it done next season under pressure being squeezed + the young core we have, then its probably not ever going to happen, and I'll get on the burn it all down bandwagon then.

But until that happens it is what is. 

Shaq has a cap hit over 9 million. If we don't extend him now we can't afford him. If we extend we may be throwing more money down the drain. Right now we can cut him with no dead cap money hit at all. Luke's contract is likely to be restructured given his cap hit for 2019 is over 17 million. Can we afford 26 million in cap hit for 2 linebackers? Add in Cam's 23 million and you have a third of your total cap going to 3 guys.

27 minutes ago, PurityControl said:

Guess I'm not down on RR/Hurney as most are, but constant bitching about what is already done is a waste of energy. 

I can certainly stick it out one more year with them. 

& If they can't get it done next season under pressure being squeezed + the young core we have, then its probably not ever going to happen, and I'll get on the burn it all down bandwagon then.

But until that happens it is what is.

I understand, but the flipside question would be what does saying something positive about it accomplish if it isn't true?

This doesn't change the fact that Shaq is worse than Thomas Davis, and the Panthers will have to use a high pick to replace his production.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I understand, but the flipside question would be what does saying something positive about it accomplish if it isn't true?

Same thing as saying something negative..  NOTHING

Tepper hasn't given me any reason not to trust his judgment yet. 

So I'm choosing in this instance to trust him & hope for the best. 

5 minutes ago, PurityControl said:

Same thing as saying something negative..  NOTHING

Tepper hasn't given me any reason not to trust his judgment yet. 

So I'm choosing in this instance to trust him & hope for the best.

I have no trouble hoping for the best. Expecting it is another story.

As to trusting Tepper, I need a reason to do so. The lack of a reason not to isn't good enough, plus keeping a losing leadership team is a reason not to.