Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jesse

Julius Peppers Announces Retirement

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/julius-peppers-panthers-retirement

Anybody who knows me knows I’m not big on words and I don’t like to put myself out there, so I’m just gonna get right to it.

Seventeen years is a long time to be playing this game. It’s two careers for a lot of people. I’m thankful that I have been able to play so long and still be healthy. I’m not all banged up and beaten down. I still feel good.

But as much as I would love to play forever, I know that I can’t. It’s gotta end at some point.

That point is now.

Today, I’m retiring.

Man did he have an interesting career here. He was my favorite Panther until he signed with the Bears which led to me, being the immature brat I was back then, throwing his jersey away in the trash. But I'm glad he had a chance to come back and make things right and did pretty well for an old man. First ballot Hall of Famer.

Tied with Smitty for Panthers GOAT.

Thanks for the memories Pep. I never stopped loving you, even when you left for other opportunities.

2 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Tied with Smitty for Panthers GOAT.

Thanks for the memories Pep. I never stopped loving you, even when you left for other opportunities.

I think he's #1. He's going to be a first ballot Hall of Famer and he spent most of his career here. No one else can touch that, other than hopefully Luke one day.

1 minute ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

I think he's #1. He's going to be a first ballot Hall of Famer and he spent most of his career here. No one else can touch that, other than hopefully Luke one day.

I disagree. I think Smitty is first ballot HOF and WR GOAT IDGAF. But, this thread is for Pep, so I won't digress.

was hoping he would go another year.  Will definately miss him, hope he enjoys retirement.

What a legend. Played in a final four and super bowl. Aside from Jordan, maybe the best athlete the state of NC has ever produced. Go Heels! 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Kuechly&Moore

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I do that as an adult. My pillows and blankets are really bourbon.
    • I can tell you what worked for me. It's pretty specific, but I just met my former boss last week for drinks, and he remarked on how ripped I'd gotten since he last saw me. He asked what I was doing because it was working, and I told him this:   So, since about April, I've been on Weight Watchers. It was a huge success for me and I dropped over 30 pounds in 3 months. Over the summer, my mom came to visit, and it was the first time she'd seen me since Christmas. Now she hadn't seen me under 200 pounds since high school. And usually I was hovering closer to 215. And then she shows up and all of a sudden I'm 175. When she saw me she was in shock.  Like genuine, concerned shock to the point that on the second day of the visit she showed up with a bunch of body mass index charts, and some bizarre test that you need to take wrist measurements for that she printed out at her hotel. She was freaking out. And it was really disheartening, because I'd worked so hard to lose the weight. Anyway, a couple days after she leaves I call her up and ask what was going on with her, and why she reacted so strangely. And she told me, "You just look so frail. I'm concerned you aren't a healthy weight. My god! Your arms and shoulders are so skinny. They used to be so big, and now they just looked bony."   Yeah. Just get a "Do you even lift, bro?" from your mom and see if you don't pack on pounds of muscle after that.
    • So which of the good players on the Falcons would you describe as young? Put another way, which of the young players on their roster would you describe as good?
  • Masters of PIE !