Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy-E

I am sorry but James Borrego sucks.

As an aside, all this Shinn talk reminds me of what a great GM Bob Bass was, especially working within Shinn's budget. When it was time to deal Mourning, he got a pretty decent haul from Miami. And when it was time for Glen Rice to go, he managed to come up with Eddie Jones. Not to mention flipping a diminished LJ for Anthony Mason. 

Bob Bass might have traded Kobe Bryant, but he did so much more with Charlotte Hornets

1 hour ago, djp14 said:

As an aside, all this Shinn talk reminds me of what a great GM Bob Bass was, especially working within Shinn's budget. When it was time to deal Mourning, he got a pretty decent haul from Miami. And when it was time for Glen Rice to go, he managed to come up with Eddie Jones. Not to mention flipping a diminished LJ for Anthony Mason. 

Bob Bass might have traded Kobe Bryant, but he did so much more with Charlotte Hornets

Shinn hired smart basketball people and let them do their job...

...Air Train Wreck hires yes men and his butt buddies, and micromanages their every move --- recipe for failure (as his track record since 2006 illustrates).

When it comes to spending, the Hornets have been in the top half of the league for the past 3 years. Hell, they were 10th in payroll in 2016/17.

Being cheap isn't the reason we suck.

I originally faulted Borrego but if we're being honest we've had five different coaches (Larry Brown, Paul Silas, Mike Dunlap, Steve Clifford, and James Borrego) since Jordan bought a majority stake in the Charlotte basketball franchise.

Larry Brown put it best:

"It was the worst," Brown said during an interview on the Dan Patrick show this week. "And when your hero [Jordan] fires you... I just couldn't believe it. You know I love the guy, think he's brilliant, but he's around people who don't have a clue. And they won't challenge him."

As a Carolina fan I love Michael, but man he has ruined any potential this franchise had. It would be one thing if his "big name" presence drew in big time free agents but the best we've been able to do during Jordan's tenure is Al Jefferson and he gave credit to Kemba for recruiting him.

You couple his drafting habits with some of the awful free agent signings we've had and it's no wonder we are a poo show. 

There is a not a team that has a worse future (on paper) than the Charlotte Hornets.

10 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I originally faulted Borrego but if we're being honest we've had five different coaches (Larry Brown, Paul Silas, Mike Dunlap, Steve Clifford, and James Borrego) since Jordan bought a majority stake in the Charlotte basketball franchise.

Larry Brown put it best:

"It was the worst," Brown said during an interview on the Dan Patrick show this week. "And when your hero [Jordan] fires you... I just couldn't believe it. You know I love the guy, think he's brilliant, but he's around people who don't have a clue. And they won't challenge him."

As a Carolina fan I love Michael, but man he has ruined any potential this franchise had. It would be one thing if his "big name" presence drew in big time free agents but the best we've been able to do during Jordan's tenure is Al Jefferson and he gave credit to Kemba for recruiting him.

You couple his drafting habits with some of the awful free agent signings we've had and it's no wonder we are a poo show. 

There is a not a team that has a worse future (on paper) than the Charlotte Hornets.

very good write up
I hope something changes soon

16 hours ago, djp14 said:

When it comes to spending, the Hornets have been in the top half of the league for the past 3 years. Hell, they were 10th in payroll in 2016/17.

Being cheap isn't the reason we suck.

good points, the money isn't being invested well. 
we lose time and money with the roster and office decisions

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Hulk Hogan

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • How can you look at the actual footage of this “stomp” or “step” on the flag and think this was some sort of disrespectful act against America? Her teammate dropped the flag beside her while they were all celebrating. The actual truth is you are looking for something that isn’t there because YOU have a bias. Because she is “foul-mouthed” for saying “I’m not going to the fuging White House.” So that’s two lies you’ve stated in this thread.  1. That she said “fug Donald trump” she didn’t, she said “im not going to the fuging White House” in response to an interviewer asking her a question and two 2. That she purposefully stomped on the flag. where are you getting your information from? or are you purposefully lying because you have biases against her and why do you have those? I can understand saying “I wish she didn’t cuss to get her message across” (she even said as much about herself) I mean that’s a weird hill to die on to not like someone but whatever dude (don’t watch all or nothing or you’ll hate the entire panthers organization)
    • Wow it’s finally here. These off seasons seem so long. Glad we made it. I’m excited to here about the competitions. Should be a good one. That All or Nothing made me miss my boys ever more. Let’s go !!
    • That is my general feeling. We need the stars to align for us to have that kind of season. I think we are generally fielding a good roster but our depth is extremely suspect. It will only take a handful of injuries before we likely see some glaring weaknesses.