• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Eazy-E

Tanking does not work

39 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

He lacks all the necessary tools...intellectual horsepower, business experience, proper funding....all absent.

I know a couple of people who work for him, in the arena management area. They'll tell you he's a smart guy who runs a tight ship. In reality, the Hornets organization is pretty well run.

Except when it comes to actual basketball.

• Beer 1

The NBA is a joke. It doesn't matter if you tank because the draft lottery is rigged. Then you have GMs that don't know what the fug they are doing and are just puppets for their clueless owner that only cares about his own brand. 

Also the NBA is a joke and the tanking doesn't matter because these super teams being put together to win championships. That's why every single year you have the same teams over and over and over in the Finals. Who gives a fug about the NBA anymore

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

8 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

The NBA is a joke. It doesn't matter if you tank because the draft lottery is rigged. Then you have GMs that don't know what the fug they are doing and are just puppets for their clueless owner that only cares about his own brand. 

Also the NBA is a joke and the tanking doesn't matter because these super teams being put together to win championships. That's why every single year you have the same teams over and over and over in the Finals. Who gives a fug about the NBA anymore

Well, since it's the 3rd most popular sport after CFB and the NFL. I would say a lot of people. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Tanking or sucking in general works. Simple as that. Chicago was NOTHING before Michael Jordan got there. Orlando received prime Dwight and Shaq from tanking. 

If we would've tanked this year, we would've received Zion or Barrett. Pretty simple, honestly. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

15 hours ago, djp14 said:

I know a couple of people who work for him, in the arena management area. They'll tell you he's a smart guy who runs a tight ship. In reality, the Hornets organization is pretty well run.

Except when it comes to actual basketball.

I would tell you that, by default, the "people" you "know" are in no way qualified to render an opinion.

Res ipsa loquitur.

9 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

I would tell you that, by default, the "people" you "know" are in no way qualified to render an opinion.

So people who work for a company (arena management, not basketball operations) are in no way qualified to have an opinion on their work environment. Good to know. 

Thanks, random internet guy.

• Beer 1

On 2/16/2019 at 10:53 AM, djp14 said:

So people who work for a company (arena management, not basketball operations) are in no way qualified to have an opinion on their work environment. Good to know. 

Thanks, random internet guy.

Setting my personal opinion aside....

....you need look no further than the by-product of their "work" to definitively conclude, they are not qualified.

This franchise sucks.  Since June of 2006 Jordan has been an owner and had complete control of basketball operations and they've done nothing but stink up the joint the entire time. 

Res ipsa loquitur.

11 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Setting my personal opinion aside....

....you need look no further than the by-product of their "work" to definitively conclude, they are not qualified.

This franchise sucks.  Since June of 2006 Jordan has been an owner and had complete control of basketball operations and they've done nothing but stink up the joint the entire time. 

Res ipsa loquitur.

I'll say it for the third time. The people I'm talking about do not work in basketball operations. They work in arena management, specifically hospitality and security. Everything I've heard leads me to believe it is a tightly run organization. And that MJ is definitely involved. I only bring this up because you questioned MJ's "intellectual horsepower and business experience".  (The proper funding part I actually agree with.)

The basketball side has been a dumpster fire. I don't think anyone can argue with that. That being said, there are plenty of smart, experienced, successful businessmen who own crappy sports franchises. That was my only point. The Hornets don't suck because MJ is a dumb guy who's bad at business. They suck because he's a meddling owner who mistakenly thinks he can evaluate talent.

3 hours ago, djp14 said:

I'll say it for the third time. The people I'm talking about do not work in basketball operations. They work in arena management, specifically hospitality and security. Everything I've heard leads me to believe it is a tightly run organization. And that MJ is definitely involved. I only bring this up because you questioned MJ's "intellectual horsepower and business experience".  (The proper funding part I actually agree with.)

The basketball side has been a dumpster fire. I don't think anyone can argue with that. That being said, there are plenty of smart, experienced, successful businessmen who own crappy sports franchises. That was my only point. The Hornets don't suck because MJ is a dumb guy who's bad at business. They suck because he's a meddling owner who mistakenly thinks he can evaluate talent.

I think with Cho, MJ May have been a meddler....but with Mitch, not os much as Mitch will stand up to him

saw Mitch, Buzz, and MJ all together at UNC/UVA game, looked like that drove up from CLT to chapel Hill together....things are different now, think about the trades we DIDNT make at deadline...that was all Mitch 

• Pie 1

Jordan is not an idiot.  He has made a lot of money through good business decisions.  Most of his money did not come from his NBA contracts.  I do not think he is the problem. 

If the Hornets had gotten the first pick a few years ago and drafted Davis instead of MKG then all this looks a lot different.  Kemba and AD form a top team in the east.  They probably attract another solid star level player and chase rings.  That one lottery pick meant that much difference in this franchise. 

3 hours ago, Thelt said:

Jordan is not an idiot.  He has made a lot of money through good business decisions.  Most of his money did not come from his NBA contracts.  I do not think he is the problem. 

If the Hornets had gotten the first pick a few years ago and drafted Davis instead of MKG then all this looks a lot different.  Kemba and AD form a top team in the east.  They probably attract another solid star level player and chase rings.  That one lottery pick meant that much difference in this franchise. 

I also don’t think MJ is the problem although there is no doubt he likes to meddle in the front office side of things.

Where do you draw the line of firing people too quickly or hanging on to someone for too long? I think he got the firing of Clifford right but held onto Cho for about 2 years too long. I’d also be willing to bet that the Batum trade and his extension were 100% on Cho and he sold MJ on it. Batum pretty much cost Cho his job.

What should he do, fire the coach and GM ever other year?

3 hours ago, Thelt said:

This team would look different if MJ had taken Beal, Barnes or Drummond over MKG

On 2/15/2019 at 7:10 PM, JakeDel5674 said:

Tanking or sucking in general works. Simple as that. Chicago was NOTHING before Michael Jordan got there. Orlando received prime Dwight and Shaq from tanking. 

If we would've tanked this year, we would've received Zion or Barrett. Pretty simple, honestly. 

All Hornets will just watch the Suns take Zion or Barrett to go along with Ayton and Booker. 

On 2/15/2019 at 8:22 AM, GeorgeHanson said:

The problems with the Bobcats tanking strategy was Michael Jordan pulled the plug on it half way through the process.  The financial pain due to lagging fan support became too much for him to bear and he did not see it through (takes more than 1-year).  

Spurs got Tim Duncan after a tank job, he stuck around.  If an organization is winning great players do not leave. 

Bottom line, Michael Jordan is not qualified to run an NBA franchise.  He lacks all the necessary tools...intellectual horsepower, education & training, business experience, proper funding....all absent.

Until he sells this team it will always be mired in mediocrity. 

Worst part is if the NBA had just chosen the Larry Bird Syndicate instead of checking the box with Bob Johnson the history of this franchise would be completely different.

The Stern foisted a 2nd bad owner onto us......SMH.

Pie for using foisted

• Beer 1