• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Eazy-E

Tanking does not work

15 hours ago, Unbreakable Split Glass said:

This team would look different if MJ had taken Beal, Barnes or Drummond over MKG

Those guys are better than MKG but not necessarily franchise altering stars.  Beal has played next to Wall for years but the Wizards have not accomplished a whole lot.

1 hour ago, Thelt said:

Those guys are better than MKG but not necessarily franchise altering stars.  Beal has played next to Wall for years but the Wizards have not accomplished a whole lot.

Would’ve help attracted another star player to come play here.

18 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

I also don’t think MJ is the problem although there is no doubt he likes to meddle in the front office side of things.

Where do you draw the line of firing people too quickly or hanging on to someone for too long? I think he got the firing of Clifford right but held onto Cho for about 2 years too long. I’d also be willing to bet that the Batum trade and his extension were 100% on Cho and he sold MJ on it. Batum pretty much cost Cho his job.

What should he do, fire the coach and GM ever other year?

Interesting question you ask there, made me stop and think about what has actually taken place.

Jordan took full control of all basketball operations in the summer of 2006 and 7 different coaches have worked for him since then.

Coming up on 13 years of control, 7 head coaches, average coaching tenure of about 1.81 years. 

Explains why we can't ever attract any of the top/proven talent available in the coaching market (like Nate McMillan for example)....

....the only guys willing to take the job are those desperate for their first chance to be the head coach.

Edited by GeorgeHanson

3 hours ago, Unbreakable Split Glass said:

Would’ve help attracted another star player to come play here.

Maybe, no stars went to Washington to join Wall and Beal....

3 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Interesting question you ask there, made me stop and think about what has actually taken place.

Jordan took full control of all basketball operations in the summer of 2006 and 7 different coaches have worked for him since then.

Coming up on 13 years of control, 7 head coaches, average coaching tenure of about 1.81 years. 

Explains why we can't ever attract any of the top/proven talent available in the coaching market (like Nate McMillan for example)....

....the only guys willing to take the job are those desperate for their first chance to be the head coach.

I think you are counting some interim guys to get to 7.  Clifford was given ample time to make it work.  Larry Brown and Paul Silas were stop gap coaches and no one expected them to be here long term.

9 hours ago, Thelt said:

I think you are counting some interim guys to get to 7.  Clifford was given ample time to make it work.  Larry Brown and Paul Silas were stop gap coaches and no one expected them to be here long term.

Hilarious!

Between them, under Air Train Wreck....Brown and Silas coached 312 games, that's almost 4 full seasons....and you say "stop gap"?!?

Bickerstaff > Vincent > Brown > Silas > Dunlap > Clifford > Borrego

A full season is 82 games, each and every one of those coaches were at the helm for at least 82 games -- no "stop gap" here.

Edited by GeorgeHanson
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Hilarious!

Between them, under Air Train Wreck....Brown and Silas coached 312 game, that's almost 4 full seasons....and you say "stop gap"?!?

A full season is 82 games, each and every one of those coaches were at the helm for at least 82 games -- no "stop gap" here.

Other than Brown, wow that’s a terrible list.

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Hilarious!

Between them, under Air Train Wreck....Brown and Silas coached 312 games, that's almost 4 full seasons....and you say "stop gap"?!?

So you expected Larry Brown or Paul Silas to coach here for ten years?  They were temps from the beginning. 

4 hours ago, Thelt said:

So you expected Larry Brown or Paul Silas to coach here for ten years?  They were temps from the beginning. 

Nonsense.

By definition a "temp" or interim coach is replaced during the next off-season, not the case with either of these guys.

Edited by GeorgeHanson

20 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Nonsense.

By definition a "temp" or interim coach is replaced during the next off-season, not the case with either of these guys.

You are parsing words now.  You know as well as I do that Larry Brown and Paul Silas were not brought in with the hope that they would stay here and coach for five or ten years.  Both of them stayed about as long as could be expected. 

Ciff was here long enough to get a fair shake.  I expect JB will get the same chance.  If a coaches shows he is in over his head, like some of the guys on your list, it is a good thing to let them go after one season. 

3 hours ago, Unbreakable Split Glass said:

Silas is living his dreams at the Lake in Denver. Saw him walking one morning and spend several minutes talking to him. Great guy.

Good for him.  I thought he did a good job for the team, especially his first go around.  He had no chance to win the second time.

• Pie 1

On 2/21/2019 at 9:12 AM, Thelt said:

You are parsing words now.  You know as well as I do that Larry Brown and Paul Silas were not brought in with the hope that they would stay here and coach for five or ten years.  Both of them stayed about as long as could be expected. 

Ciff was here long enough to get a fair shake.  I expect JB will get the same chance.  If a coaches shows he is in over his head, like some of the guys on your list, it is a good thing to let them go after one season. 

Total #FakeNews.

It's not my "list" pal, what it is, is the list of coaches Michael Jordan has hired (and fired) during his turn at the wheel of this train wreck.

20 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Total #FakeNews.

It's not my "list" pal, what it is, is the list of coaches Michael Jordan has hired (and fired) during his turn at the wheel of this train wreck.

Its your list in that you posted it.  I did not dispute its accuracy.  I just disagree with the meaning you ascribe to it.