Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Eazy-E

Playing our youth is a win win for everyone.

Recommended Posts

The starting line up for the rest of the season should look something like Kemba-Malik-Miles-Frank-Cody. All of these guys should be getting around 30 minutes a game. Graham and Bacon should be getting some second unit minutes. Guys like Parker, Marvin, and Batum should not be getting major minutes anymore.

At this point it would be hard to be much worse than we already are. Best case is our young guys step up and we miraculously make the playoffs. Worst case is we lose out and increase our lottery odds. It would be tanking without actually trying to tank and our young guys would get some much needed experience and maybe actually develop for once.

Try to re-sign Kemba and possibly Frank. Let Lamb walk, decline Parker's option, and do what ever you can to try and trade Biz, Batum. If we can't, buy them out. Pray Marv and MKg decline their player options but if they don't you can still try and trade them as they will be decent expiring contracts.

Roll with the same starting line up next season along with a new first rounder and maybe another if we are able to trade anyone.

We still need to try to win but we need to be doing it with our young draft picks not washed up vets on bloated contracts.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I'm with you here.  I definitely want to see what the young guys can do just so we know for sure, but I honestly don't think it's much.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

I'm with you here.  I definitely want to see what the young guys can do just so we know for sure, but I honestly don't think it's much.   

That is my point. They literally can’t be any worse. If we had played the starting lineup I mentioned all season, I bet our win total difference would only be around +/- 5 games. 

I mean our highest paid player who plays the second most minutes on the team doesn’t even average 10 points. His defensive impact and thing like that are not enough to offset his offensive shortcomings. So on the analytical side of things, if a player takes on the same role, plays worse defense but scores more points they even each other out. Basically we still suck. So why not play the young player with potential?

This goes back to not understanding why we dont just trade out first round picks every year. We draft these players and let them rot on the bench and never develop them and just consider them busts. It’s not like we’re a 50+ win team and our expensive vet players are actually any good. People are already calling Monk a bust. I can almost guarantee you if we drafted Mitchell he would be in the exact same position as Monk here. Instead he is thriving in Utah. Do you really think Clifford would have taken minutes from Batum and given them to a rookie last year?

This is why after we re-signed Batum I wanted to trade the pick we used on Monk to trade for Lou Williams because it was almost a guarantee who ever we drafted wouldn’t play their rookie year. So for a team always talking about trying to make the playoffs it made absolutely no sense.

 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Thelt said:

I suspect this will happen if we lose a few more games.  I do not think they are ready to give up on the playoffs yet.  Giving up too soon might have a big negative impact on our chances at retaining Kemba. 

Not making any moves at the trade deadline might come back to bite us. 

This isn’t giving up on the playoffs. It is our last hope at actually trying to make them. We already know we have a very slim chance at making it with guys like Batum and Marvin starting, but rolling with the young guys is a complete unknown. Regardless If we win out or lose every game, the outcome is a good thing for the future of this team. We either get a good draft pick or make the playoffs, all while our youth gets some much needed experience.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

That is my point. They literally can’t be any worse. If we had played the starting lineup I mentioned all season, I bet our win total difference would only be around +/- 5 games. 

I mean our highest paid player who plays the second most minutes on the team doesn’t even average 10 points. His defensive impact and thing like that are not enough to offset his offensive shortcomings. So on the analytical side of things, if a player takes on the same role, plays worse defense but scores more points they even each other out. Basically we still suck. So why not play the young player with potential?

This goes back to not understanding why we dont just trade out first round picks every year. We draft these players and let them rot on the bench and never develop them and just consider them busts. It’s not like we’re a 50+ win team and our expensive vet players are actually any good. People are already calling Monk a bust. I can almost guarantee you if we drafted Mitchell he would be in the exact same position as Monk here. Instead he is thriving in Utah. Do you really think Clifford would have taken minutes from Batum and given them to a rookie last year?

This is why after we re-signed Batum I wanted to trade the pick we used on Monk to trade for Lou Williams because it was almost a guarantee who ever we drafted wouldn’t play their rookie year. So for a team always talking about trying to make the playoffs it made absolutely no sense.

 

For sure.  Batum's deal is the real albatross here. 

I'll admit I'm one of the ones who hasn't been impressed at all by Monk (granted, in a small sample because he doesn't play), and Bridges might as well start throwing the ball at the rim one handed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

This isn’t giving up on the playoffs. It is our last hope at actually trying to make them. We already know we have a very slim chance at making it with guys like Batum and Marvin starting, but rolling with the young guys is a complete unknown. Regardless If we win out or lose every game, the outcome is a good thing for the future of this team. We either get a good draft pick or make the playoffs, all while our youth gets some much needed experience.

 

we are not making the playoffs...that ship has sailed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

For sure.  Batum's deal is the real albatross here. 

I'll admit I'm one of the ones who hasn't been impressed at all by Monk (granted, in a small sample because he doesn't play), and Bridges might as well start throwing the ball at the rim one handed.

And the sad thing is the guys who are making 5 times as much as them with 10 years of experience aren’t really doing any better but they still get to play.

Why aren’t they getting benched for playing like poo every night?

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bull123 said:

we are not making the playoffs...that ship has sailed

Good so stop playing Batum 35 minutes a night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

 They literally can’t be any worse.

Record wise, probably not. But it's probably a difference between losing games by 4 pts versus losing them by 16.

Right now they're only 1 game out of the playoffs. Barring an extended losing streak, I don't see them throwing in the towel anytime soon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Felt like it was appropriate to bump this after tonight.

Edited by Eazy-E
  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Please lord we better keep Bacon. Ever since he’s begun starting we’ve been winning

good replacement for Lamb, size at the SG/SF
room to improve
on the rookie contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Please lord we better keep Bacon. Ever since he’s begun starting we’ve been winning

And as soon as batum stopped playing

Mkg and monk out as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,847
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    Hulk Hogan
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      144,886
    • Total Posts
      4,731,981
  • Posts

    • How can you look at the actual footage of this “stomp” or “step” on the flag and think this was some sort of disrespectful act against America? Her teammate dropped the flag beside her while they were all celebrating. The actual truth is you are looking for something that isn’t there because YOU have a bias. Because she is “foul-mouthed” for saying “I’m not going to the fuging White House.” So that’s two lies you’ve stated in this thread.  1. That she said “fug Donald trump” she didn’t, she said “im not going to the fuging White House” in response to an interviewer asking her a question and two 2. That she purposefully stomped on the flag. where are you getting your information from? or are you purposefully lying because you have biases against her and why do you have those? I can understand saying “I wish she didn’t cuss to get her message across” (she even said as much about herself) I mean that’s a weird hill to die on to not like someone but whatever dude (don’t watch all or nothing or you’ll hate the entire panthers organization)
    • Wow it’s finally here. These off seasons seem so long. Glad we made it. I’m excited to here about the competitions. Should be a good one. That All or Nothing made me miss my boys ever more. Let’s go !!
    • That is my general feeling. We need the stars to align for us to have that kind of season. I think we are generally fielding a good roster but our depth is extremely suspect. It will only take a handful of injuries before we likely see some glaring weaknesses.
×
×
  • Create New...