• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

WarPanthers89

Jermon Bushrod visiting the Panthers

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hey, I'm not going to complain one bit about building that OL through FA and focusing on the D in the draft. That's playing to the strengths of this draft class.

Maybe there actually is something to this Hurney 2.0...

IMG_20190313_175515.jpg.2399a135f19b12d52353282f004e7495.jpg

He may not be great, but he's a much better depth option than Matt Kalil.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hey, I'm not going to complain one bit about building that OL through FA and focusing on the D in the draft. That's playing to the strengths of this draft class.

I won't either, but damn we sure are talking to a lot of old guys for a team that's supposed to be getting younger.

So far, letting go of Thomas Davis and Mike Adams seem to be the only moves  consistent with that methodology.

If that's not our emphasis, why let go of Davis?

No problem at all looking at a vet backup who can backup all line positions other than C..

Hurney Doesnt wanna lose his job he knows if he messes up this year his ass is fired

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That being said, if he is the real deal (even with the "short" arms), I'd probably be pursing my lips, kind of shaking my head imperceptibly and staring with consternation if Jonah Williams is there and Hurney passes on him. 

Honesty, I'd just rather him not be there than for Hurney to pass on him.

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I won't either, but damn we sure are talking to a lot of old guys for a team that's supposed to be getting younger.

So far, letting go of Thomas Davis and Mike Adams seem to be the only moves  consistent with that methodology.

That's easy. We have talent at the position that we perceive would be better than Davis at this advanced point in his career, but our O-line is a lot more shaky. Moreover, there aren't perceived young, talented O-lineman just falling off trees, and decent O-lineman are probably harder to identify, especially if they don't have much professional experience and tape. I would also argue that linebackers and defensive backs naturally have a little more support by their mates in the defensive backfield, so shaky play may be able to be better "absorbed" than that of an O-lineman. Lastly, a premium has been put on protecting Cam, so the more solid that we can get along the line (including depth), the better. Bushrod would be the classic Band-Aid at a position of need, and likely a cheaper one at that.

On on off note, you've been writing off Davis for at least the past couple of years, so now that it's happened, you should be great with it.

Edited by top dawg

Older guys aren’t bad for depth. In theory they shouldn’t see the field that much and can help the younger starters with their experience.

• Pumpkin Spice Latte 1

When Ron said he wanted to get Cam help on the oline, to me that always meant veteran help. If you draft a talented rookie tackle, he might not pan out for 2-3 years. Talented pass rushers can get on the field and contribute as rookies.

• Beer 1

On 3/16/2019 at 9:02 AM, Mr. Scot said:

This is rather simple.

Old guys who have shown they can play are cheaper than young guys who can play. You want a reasonable priced player who can help while you draft the future then the older guys are worth looking at. This is one thing Gettleman got right early on then seemed to forget.

Davis was a free agent who said it was his last year then changed his mind. 

I never heard anything about a youth movement for our OL depth. That seems to be inferred by you.

Difference between Panthers and Saints; Panthers won't overpay for the Saints' trash

On 3/15/2019 at 7:16 PM, TheSpecialJuan said:
1vz0LM1b_bigger.jpgJoe PersonVerified account @josephperson
FollowFollow @josephperson
More

Free agent OT Jermon Bushrod visited Panthers but left without an agreement, per source. Could still be in play, though. Marty Hurney is going all-in on O tackles. @FieldYates was first on the visit.

4:15 PM - 15 Mar 2019

Likely offered vet min for depth

Edited by bull123