Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ecu88

Post FA Draft (Final)

1 minute ago, ecu88 said:

Dammit. I thought we got a 6th comp?

I guess not.........

We're predicted as of now to have a 6th next year. We have a 3rd this year from Norwell.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Correct

Edited my draft to be accurate. I took out Bunchy and I am really high on him for OG but OGs are easier than OTs to develop and find. Thanks Linville!

10 minutes ago, MrBubba said:

When did we get another sixth round pick?

Beats me lol

I thought wrong, no comp pick that round. Edited to reflect change.

• Beer 1

If Sweat is gone and Devin White is there you make the pick  , pat yourself on the back while taking the rest of the night off

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

My mock right now..

1st Celine Ferrell DE Clemson 

2nd Erik McCoy  OG/C

3rd Oshane Ximines De/OlB 3/4

3rd Chauncy Gardner Johnson Jr. CB/S

4th Yodny Cajuste OT

5th Jazz Freguson WR

6th Round Renell Wren DT

I'd kill someone for this draft, but cajuste seems to be a second rounder at this time. 

• Pie 1

If we’re were considering actually going to a 3-4 H2.0 would have to figure a way to get some extra picks to take advantage of the depth on the DL in this draft.  Here is one example.  

Here are the trades I took.  Yes some of this could be a pipe dream.  

TRADE PARTNER:
GREEN BAY PACKERS

SENT:

ROUND: 3 PICK: 36

RECEIVED:

ROUND: 4 PICK: 16

ROUND: 5 PICK: 12

TRADE PARTNER:
TENNESSEE TITANS

SENT:

ROUND: 4 PICK: 13

RECEIVED:

ROUND: 4 PICK: 19

ROUND: 5 PICK: 19

TRADE PARTNER:
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

SENT:

ROUND: 2 PICK: 15

RECEIVED:

ROUND: 2 PICK: 21

ROUND: 2 PICK: 25

AND THE RESULTS:

6D05C54D-CD5B-4B78-8BEF-B4C5C34D1036.jpeg

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Gary fell to us and it was between him and Ferrell. Rest of the DE’s were off the board. I took Gary bc of the versatility to be Edge in 4-3 and DE in a 3-4. Slide him inside and you have Bangor atOLB in 3-4.  Dexter gives us a pure NT 3-4. Little at that pick gives us a developmental swing tackle. Nelson gives us flexibility as a 4-3edge or they could put more weight on him for a 3-4 DE. Powers in the 4th is a no brainer. Wesley is somehow listed from N.C. state but he is the Texas tech lengthy kids that would give us a red zone threat. And of course my man crush in the draft Ozigbo that gives us a power back with decent hands and also loves to block in 2 rb sets. 

Hint.  Try only using Matt Millers lists in Fanspeak.  The rest of the mock lists are delusional. 

Edited by Black&BlueBubba
  • Pie 3

10 minutes ago, ecu88 said:

My 3rd round crush and future Poe replacer next year.

I also like Gaines for the value.  Played well at Washington and seems to be available in the 4-5th rounds right now.  Dude is stout against the run.  Doesn’t have the pass rush of Khalen though. 

• Pie 1

Sweat and Gary are probably gone. It would take some act of god for us to land either one without trading up which I is a real possibility. Hurney loves trading up and tried to do so last year to secure Derwin James. The only for sure end that will be there is Farrell.

Farrell is the kid on the playground no one wants to play with right now. Scouts inc have dropped him to practically droped him to a second rounder(I think 28th overrall). I  he is a Shaq Thompson type player, not super star but a contributor. 

3 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Sweat and Gary are probably gone. It would take some act of god for us to land either one without trading up which I is a real possibility. Hurney loves trading up and tried to do so last year to secure Derwin James. The only for sure end that will be there is Farrell.

Farrell is the kid on the playground no one wants to play with right now. Scouts inc have dropped him to practically droped him to a second rounder(I think 28th overrall). I  he is a Shaq Thompson type player, not super star but a contributor. 

I hope the Panthers dont take the best DE on the board just pick the best player on the board period besides QB, RB, WR

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:10 PM, Palmetto said:

I would be surprised if Sweat makes it out of the top 10

I would be surprised as well. If he somehow manages to fall out of the top 10, I would be disappointed if we didn't trade up to get him. Especially with our need at DE. Sweat has been my top target before the combine, just so happens he killed the combine and his stock went up. Before the combine most had him as a mid first round pick, now most mocks have him as a top 5 pick.lol

2 hours ago, Trill OG said:

I would be surprised as well. If he somehow manages to fall out of the top 10, I would be disappointed if we didn't trade up to get him. Especially with our need at DE. Sweat has been my top target before the combine, just so happens he killed the combine and his stock went up. Before the combine most had him as a mid first round pick, now most mocks have him as a top 5 pick.lol

If Bosa and Josh Allen are gone I think Sweat is a Raider