Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

'Where's the rule book that says you should kick here or punt there or do this? Ron, you've played enough football that you should know the difference. Stop doing the safe thing and do the best thing.' He was great. That kind of led to the 'Riverboat Ron' thing."

funny how he forgot all about this

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

'Where's the rule book that says you should kick here or punt there or do this? Ron, you've played enough football that you should know the difference. Stop doing the safe thing and do the best thing.' He was great. That kind of led to the 'Riverboat Ron' thing."

funny how he forgot all about this

25 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Funny thing is he still goes for the safe bet, LMAO.

Not so sure that is true at all. If I remember correctly between him taking chances and the analytics support from Tepper, I think we went for it on 4th down most times when we crossed the 50. Maybe someone can look at the stats and confirm or deny that.

that started the post-rule book era of ron

now we’re in the post-post-rule book era

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Ron’s problem is he still doesn’t have the natural instinct to know when to take chances and when to play it safe. 

He’ll punt on 4th and 1/2 yard on the openents 10 Yard line and turn around and go for it on 4th and 6 on our own 40.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

It's impossible to not read that in John Madden's voice...

"heh-heh, BOOM!"

"Brett Favre"

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

The problem with Rivera is that when we have a lead, he takes the foot off the gas instead of putting a foot on their neck.

Last year we let too many teams back in the game after having a lead .

5 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

"Mr. Richardson said, 'I think you need a mentor and I would like you to call.' So I did. He did me a favor. John said, 'I know you were 3-13 in games decided by seven points or less. I want you to go back and look at those 13 you lost and think about what you could have done the last four minutes of those games. What could you have done differently?' I did that and I went out to see Coach. We start talking and I said, 'I have the homework assignment you gave me.' He looked at me and said, 'Those weren't for me; those were for you. What do you think?' I said, 'I might have done a couple of things differently, but for the most part, I went by the book.' He said, 'What book?' I said, 'Excuse me.' He said, 'Where's the rule book that says you should kick here or punt there or do this? Ron, you've played enough football that you should know the difference. Stop doing the safe thing and do the best thing.' He was great. That kind of led to the 'Riverboat Ron' thing."

Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif

Holy fugging poo, what a charlatan.

• Pie 3

damn, has it been nine years already, how time flys when youre havin fun

• Pie 1